Sleep/Meditation App Advice

I’m looking for recommendations on apps pertaining to sleep/meditation. It doesn’t matter if it is free or not but preferably something of good value if it isn’t free.

3 Likes

Here’s an active thread about meditation with some great advice.

3 Likes

I was very partial to Insight Timer for a long time. Their paid edition offers extra classes and such. Take a look at Sonic Yogi’s course work, I took a lot from that. I also really liked davidj 's meditations and coursework. There are so many others, but these two resonated with me.

2 Likes

I’ve been using Insight Timer for 2 years and it has helped amazingly. Specifically, yoga nidra as a relaxation technique.

3 Likes

I totally forgot about all the wonderful yoga nidra on there!!

2 Likes

Thank you! I downloaded it to check it out and I’ll let you know what I think of it.

2 Likes

I’ve been using ‘Calm’ for over 6 years and it has been a huge part of recovery and sobriety. You do have to pay for it but it is worth it. You have access to a LOT of different things. I like to think there’s something for everyone on there.

3 Likes

I love Insight Timer app. Try Yoga Nidra for sleep.

2 Likes

I never realized you had to pay for it before, but I usually don’t mind paying if it’s something that I know I will use. Like this app for example, I decided to pay for it because I use it everyday. I have Calm downloaded but haven’t checked it out yet.

I have been looking through the app an it looks interesting but something that will take getting used to, i don’t understand much of the yoga aspect of it but I will look into more.

1 Like

You can even find yoga Nedra on YouTube. The idea of yoga Nedra is a slow relax relaxation of the body. Typically, it starts at your big toe and you work your way up. I’m generally asleep before I get to my waist. Lol.

2 Likes

I’ve never done any sort of yoga before so I’m not very familiar with any of it. Right now I’m trying to decide between Calm and Insight Timer since I’ll have to pay for them. Luckily they have free trials so I can decide. I’ll look into the yoga you are talking about though. I really appreciate your recommendations. :v::sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s not like the yoga we all think of. It is a deep body scan to relax the mind and body for rest. But traditional yoga is great too! Hope you rest well.

2 Likes

As mentioned, yoga nidra is not like ‘traditional’ yoga. It is a body scan that calms the mind. Mindfulness. :people_hugging: It is a bedtime practice you do while prepared for sleep and in bed. You listen to it as you lay there. It focuses and calms. You literally do nothing, but listen. :heart:

2 Likes

I only use YouTube for them. They knock me out almost instantly. I’ve tried all the apps but nothing ever fit right. So YouTube is my go to.

2 Likes

Thank you for the explanation, so much of this new to me so It’s when someone takes the time to help. :people_hugging:

2 Likes

I’ll keep that in mind and that may also help me decide which app I keep. Thanks a bunch :v::heart:

1 Like

I also use YouTube. I like listening to the rain. Helps me sleep

2 Likes

I’ve used Youtube brfore to put videos on for sounds like rain and stuff but there’s usually to much light from the TV to really be helpful. I’ll keep that in mind when decided whether or not to pay for an app. Thank you for your input :v::heart:

1 Like

I use my phone and just have it plugged in with the screen as low as it goes and face down (I’m not paying extra to lock my phone and have it keep playing. Lol) it shuts off when it stops. It has helped me stay clean and sleep better

1 Like