Sleeps messed up

Well its time to stop sleeping all day. Im going to stay up today and try to get things normal. Cant keep staying depressed and sleeping it away. Im still watching the online AA meetings on the app In the Rooms. I am feeling more hopeful it is 36 days sober today.

17 Likes

Hi I’m very much in same position day 10 today I sleep at night but in up from 5am I then get dressed kids ready but at about midday I feel I want to sleep again its our brain rebalancing it’s chemicals be easy with yaself I try to sort the house out have a break, then do abit more then have a break etc etc, try to get out for a walk again love lots. Xx 36 days is amazing are you on meds for your depression.

4 Likes

I’m in the same boats girls, lol. Been in and out of sleep this whole entire week. Hopefully be returning to work soon and then its up all night sleep when I can… I kinda like being awake when the rest of the world is asleep… an other days, not so much. I just sleep when I’m tired and don’t stress too much these days. :owl::owl::owl:

6 Likes

No medicine scares me but I do think about it

I totally understand I too beleive I needed to give my brain time to stabalizee before pumping it with more chemicals I will re think it after 4/6 months once I’ve stabalized (personel view

1 Like

How u feeling

1 Like

Im feeling ok i tried to watch some meditation meetings. Do you like meditating? I do sometimes but I always stop after a while. I still get thoughts that make it hard. But i think thats the point to deal with the thoughts maybe.

1 Like

Yes I do meditation I listen to Jason Stevenson on YouTube I find when I’m falling asleep at bed is best time for me if I do it in day I fall asleep but I do do a morni g gratitude meditation takes 10 minutes or so in morning or courage speech power-driven speeches listen to one the other morning made me cry BC it was so powerful. I’m with you all the way, I’m in UK how about u?with meditation it to allow the thought to be there be then let it go let it flow through you until your concentration is on breath or voice who’s guiding you. That’s make take on it anyhow I’m no guru thou

1 Like

Im in the united states and ya that makes sense to let thr thought go with the breath.

I feel you my sleep schedule is all over the place,

Partially cause I work nights, so my days off get messed up

2 Likes

I think night jobs are the best

First of all congratulations on 36 days, that is amazing :clap: :raised_hands:!

I work swing shift so my sleep patterns are as fucked as you could possibly imagine. 7 days one off, 7 nights five off, 5 afternoons 3 off and repeat over and over again.

I have found that vitamins are key for me personally, Vitamin D mainly. Wintertime is depressing as fuck for me. I also find that if i sleep over 8 hours I’m lazy as shit.

We get better ODAAT, you’re slowly getting better. Keep fighting the good fight.

2 Likes

Lol couldnt imagine that shift. I do try to take vitemans I did today.

Did you resist your nap today my body’s not allowing it now even if I wanted too I feel quite wired tbh. Day 10 nearly over. Xx

1 Like

I slept a little but not much its so weird how theres still a part of me that wants to buy a bottle. It comes and goes. Sometimes its intense but im thinking really??? Why??? Lol… It sucks😠. Im not going to do it!

2 Likes

I did go outside again lol

2 Likes

You have been in my thoughts lots BC I know and feel where your at, how beautiful, to be out and about is best for us that’s for sure, Im on day 11 today and I have my second councelling session plus I have work for a few hours in UK it’s like spring is on its way for now anyhow so will be great to get out tbh, I’m hooked on the queen’s ganbet on netflix atm amazing netflix series, so when I want to switch off or quiet my thoughts I watch that. In my thoughts today my lovely xxx

1 Like

Don’t do it! I’ve done it 1000 times and i always have to start all over and build momentum to be where you are right now. But I find going to the gym and spending all of my energy, then sitting in a sauna for as long as I can stand it, a little breathwork and mediation when I get home, and I’m out like a light!

2 Likes

I really hope you are having a wonderful day🤗

1 Like

Its hard trying to get balanced again. I’m in same boat. I wake up about 330a tossing turning till its time.to get som up and ready at 6a. After he’s off at 7a. I stay up and keep busy with meetings and housework then we hit sack around 10p. Then same routine starts around 330a next day. If I take a nap midday then no sleep. Its crazy and aggravating, sometimes makes me want to slip just to get some good deep sleep🤨. I’m still early in my sobriety and I hear sleeping will get better🙂

2 Likes