Sneak attack

Whoa, 10 days in and out of nowhere i just got hit with a huge craving to drink. I really hope this goes away before i get home. The day had been going great, totally fine. Then wham. Has this happened to anyone else? Please tell me it was brief.

1 Like

I had gone nearly four months without a drink and although I wouldn’t really call them ‘cravings’ I would say I would be triggered regularly and when those triggers started rapid firing, I ended up giving in to the emotional craving of needing to silence the internal chaos.

Each time your able to resist the craving though you not only starve that inner destroyer a little more but you also gain a little more resilience and knowledge about yourself. Instead of feeding the craving with a drink, have some sugar. Alcohol converts to sugar so by eating some, you can temper the craving a bit. Also drinking a glass of water or two (esp sparkling) definitely helps curb the crave.

Day 10 is a milestone! Way to go!

2 Likes

Thank you! And I’ve totally been spoiling myself with Pellegrino, lol. I have some cherries with me, I’ll eat those, that’s great advice. I’m going to work out after work, hopefully that helps too.

1 Like

Oooh! Pellegrino! Fancy lol. I’m gunna add that to my shopping list, thank you! I’m actually very excited for you! Your on double digits!!! Every day further from day one will bring you new joys and challenges but you’re beginning to establish a strong non shaky foundation! Being semi vein myself I always focus on the physical benefits of sobriety when the emotional need to drink gets intense. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:blush: Thank you for the encouragement! Working out helped, I’m cracking a bottle of bubbly WATER to enjoy while i cook. Thanks for being there for me! <3