So angry at myself

So mad! I let the stress get to me. My son has been back home for 1 month and I have been sober the entire time until last night. He got fired from another job and went off the deep end screaming and hitting stuff. Once he finally left the house I was a tangled mess. Worried about his relapse and worried about him going to jail for the weekend. Of course all of the stress I was already dealing with and this on top gave me an excuse to drink vodka. A lot of vodka. I am so mad that I let myself go there. So pissed I had to hit reset on day 31. I need to find better ways to deal with my stress and with my son.

4 Likes

Dont worry about it rome wasnt burnt down in a day or whatever the saying is.

Just learn from this episode and start again. The 31 days didnt go anywhere… you still did them! Just hop right back on… think about it like this… 31 + whatever = your total says PLUS that 31! Thats something to be proud of.

4 Likes

You’ve been sober 31 of the last 32 days! When did that last happen for you? That’s a big accomplishment. I hope that you can find some better coping tools. Best of luck :heart:️

3 Likes

And you know what? You’re admitting a mess-up. You’re holding yourself accountable and actually resetting, and not trying to justify an unhealthy decision and ignore the truth. And that also says a lot about you.

2 Likes