So baby #2 happened

So it has been 1 month since I had my second child. It was honestly a big surprise, right before finding out I was pregnant I was on a binge going on for a whole month of drinking every day. I guess this is how it happened, I’m really glad it did. I still can’t believe it. I am currently breastfeeding and I want to continue to do so as long as possible . one of my reasons and motivation for breastfeeding is the fact that I know I won’t drink if I am breastfeeding. with my first child as soon as I stopped breastfeeding, I began to drink again. She was only 2 months. I fucked up in so many ways, till this day i still fill guilty of not being there for her like i should’ve. I regret not remembering so many milestones and i really really do not want that to happen this time. I feel like god is giving me another chance and i really don’t want to fuck it up. i don’t drink while pregnant or while breastfeeding and for that reason I keep telling myself that i am very proud but also I have this little voice in my head that keeps telling me its not over. a part of me still craves the alcohol but than upon coming to realization i don’t think i crave alcohol maybe i just crave fun? anyways ill keep you updated on my new journey. thanks for reading

10 Likes

Thank you ! no not yet, I think that’s one of my biggest problems I don’t reach out until something happens. Like in my mind I don’t think I am a hard core addict because I would be doing it now or while pregnant. but my past would tell you otherwise =/

Definitely get a support network in place. I don’t know if it is hormones, or having the connection and reason for living that many addicts lack, but many female alcoholics can stop when pregnant and bf-ing. But that stopping actually means the lies - it is not so bad, I can control it - seem MORE believable. And when they get older and not bf-ing anymore, issues like isolation, self identity rear their heads again.

4 Likes

I agree with both. You have to get some kind of support system going cause without the help of others you’re setting yourself up for failure. As messed up as that sounds it’s the truth, so congrats on the baby but you have an even bigger reason to get this addiction under control.

1 Like

This happened to me with all three kids. I BFd the third the longest but eventually got back to pre-pregnancy drinking levels once I stopped. I’m 40 now and have my tubes tied. The pregnancies were the only thing that ever got me to quit. I’ll never be pregnant again. I finally realized it is up to me to save myself now. I have to be there for them and if I keep drinking that may not be possible. Going on day 44 sober now. Not out of the woods but committed. Happy to be your support if you need it.

5 Likes

Congratulations on the new baby and the new way of life! Don’t look at the end of breastfeeding as some sort of a deadline that will make you want to drink again. Look at it as another milestone you will achieve while fully in the moment and sober. You and your family deserve that. :heart:

3 Likes