So close... again

Im 3 days 13 hours in and im at work and just had a stressful thing happen. Im off tomorrow which means as usual my first thought was buy alcohol on the way home and just drink the stress away. You can be in your safe space smoking, drinking and crying etc.

Today/tonight is going to be hard. Ive made plans to go see friends for dinner and possibly stay the night so im not on my own at home. They are fully aware im in recovery.

Im so close to just cancelling and giving in but i know it won’t actually change anything. These are the times that im scared off and have to remember how I felt yesterday when I was content in myself for excepting i have a problem!!

The other thing im aware of is not to start resenting loved ones for stopping me drinking. Ive had feelings that they are “in the way” between me and the drink. That i feel guilty for it.

1 Like

Well done for what you have achieved all the same. The fact you’ve committed to starting over counts for more than the times you slip up.

At least your here and trying! Someone told me yesterday to keep rising. I’m a lot like you as far as being kind of a loner. I’ve been on here everyday and it has really helped. We can do this :wink: