So for those of you keeping up

Had court today for the TRO. It was terrifying and oddly empowering. Of course he tried to make it seem like i was the crazy and dangerous one but i didnt faulter. And i havent let it get me down. I went to work before court and straight back after. He will not have this power anymore. I will take it back. It may be piece by piece. But it will happen.

For anyone new to my story… Feel free to ask.

13 Likes

@littlemisschatterbox
He asked the judge for a mutual restraining order… :roll_eyes: ok I have no desire to be near you anyway. Lmao :skull::nauseated_face:

4 Likes

We rescheduled so he could retain an attorney… Ok. Go for it the Temporary stays in place until then any way :+1:

4 Likes

I hope he complies and doesn’t pull any sh#%. You feel ok with it?

1 Like

Yeah i think he was a restraining order bc hes afraid of my brothers. And he just found out hes coming up on felony assault charges. So hes just trying to make me look bad to the court. But im not worried.

The restraining order is for the divorce. We havent even began the criminal procedings yet.

4 Likes

Keeping your cool and letting your lawyer talk for you says a lot to the judge too.
Good going, girl. :hugs:

1 Like

Yes! My lawyer was “proud” (his words) bc i kept a straight face. I didnt even look at him… But i know other people were laughing at some of the things he was saying lol

1 Like

Great for you Kayla. I wish I could give you a big but gentle hug. You’re taking your life back. You my lady are an incredible person and deserve the moon.
I will keep you in my prayers that you get through this with the results you and your kids deserve.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Good on you! So happy that it all went well! Never forget your own strength and RISE!

Wishing you continued success and a world of happiness for you, and your babies!

2 Likes

Was just having second thoughts on my last post here.

But I’m just sick and tired reading about domestic violence and abuse. You, and women in your position, are just the bravest strongest beautiful people on earth. And no one should be treated the way you were treated. I cannot imagine. And it brings tears to my eyes. And that’s just the first thing that popped into my mind.
:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

They see abusers all day long. Hes not fooling anyone. He’ll try because that just who he is. I am so proud of you. Baby steps are still steps in the right direction. Love ya Sis!

2 Likes

@ProofOfLife yes I know especially him. This isnt his first go in this court they now him.

@Dazercat no problem. I appreciate the support and comfort that people here provide. And thank you. I just wish i had made these choices sooner.

@TudorDee thank you… The encouragement and support i have received had been amazing!

Ive said it before but i have no idea what I would do with out you guys!

5 Likes

I’m glad we’re here together…this is what it’s all about. It doesn’t just take a village to raise a child…Takes village to lift adults too.

We got this…together!

1 Like

I’m really proud of the way you’re handling all of this. You remind me of the song…What doesn’t kill you will make you stronger.

@littlemisschatterbox anytime. I hope all is well with you and yours. :blush:

@TudorDee you’re absolutely right! We all need our community at some point.

@Lisa07 thank you! Im gonna have to go listen to that song now lol :laughing:

2 Likes

Not completely sure of everything, but keep strong and stay pushing! It sounds like you have a lot of strength and are setting your mind up well!

1 Like

Thank you. Just getting out of an abusive marriage in short.

1 Like

Congrats on getting out. I hope life smiles on you from here!

1 Like