So found out today

That i have a tear in my rotator cuff can hardly move my right arm , have been booked in for a scan and physio. Now its not good for 2 reasons 1, i run my own painting and decorating buisness so am stuck for work at minute and 2, i have been hitting the gym since going sober. Now the old chris would use this as an excuse and crawl into the bottle but 5 month sober chris is gonna tackle this head on, do the rehab work come back fitter and stronger and im sure ill work something out work wise so good try universe but not gonna fall on this one :muscle::muscle::mechanical_arm:

21 Likes

Ah man - I’m sorry about your shoulder; I’ve sublaxed mine a number of times, and it hurts like hell. I hope you find a great PT place and speedy healing!!!

2 Likes

Was up at the hospital at the weekend chest pain and sore left arm couldnt sleep so got my tests done and consultant came back said all my vitals ok looks like a pectural tear or strain been in the garden all week so must have been lifting to much so told to take it easy so relived at my age 72 things like that have to not take lightly

8 Likes

Sorry about your shoulder injury Chris. I have a shoulder impingement that hurts enough, so a tear must be crippling. I love your positive attitude and fighting spirit. Wishing you a speedy recovery. You’ve got this!:muscle:

1 Like

Hell yeah…that’s the stuff.
I am so sorry to hear about your tear. That must me super painful.

Grateful to see that this is not throwing you into a spiral but instead you are already working on healing and gaining strength. Great work Chris and wishing you great luck in your recovery :muscle:t4::people_hugging:

3 Likes

Thanks guys i must admit there was a moment of self pity but what good does that do, so tackle it in stages first thing is get through initial pain and get inflammation down then move onto exercises to loosen it up :+1: oh and plus it gave me a wonderful reminder how caring our pets can be my cat has followed me everywhere today knowing im in pain im grateful for that :smile:

8 Likes

Omg…this warmed my heart. Bless your fur baby.
You will heal from this and come out stronger. :pray:t4::people_hugging:

4 Likes

Ah my mate did this last year. Takes a while to fix, but the plus side is that the gym time can be used for physio time which will get you on the mend.

2 Likes

In the same boat! Both of mine are bad but I tweaked my left one again a couple weeks ago so am also heading to Physio. Good luck!

2 Likes

That was frightening, Ray!

4 Likes

Aww man thats upsetting on multiple levels. All you can do is follow doctors orders and use other healthy coping mechanisms that give your body a break.

Besides the gym…what else can you do?

2 Likes

Apparently i can still go gym but obviously no lifting so cardio i guess, boo lol.
But ive also started writing so gonna put some time into that as find it hard with other distractions but wont have them for a while maybe even take a break somewhere secluded for a few days to heal and write :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes bet that was frightening as we always think the worst first, glad it was muscular :+1:

2 Likes

You to pal got my first physio on 18/3

4 Likes