So happy with myself

48 days sober today

My friends went out in Leeds last night- spent loads of money and are dying today- they’re going for round 2 this evening

Tonight I’m having a pizza, a hot bath and finishing watching Ozark

I’m not spending money, putting poison in my body, won’t get arrested, won’t get in a fight, won’t be unfaithful, won’t feel shameful and won’t feel anxious

Sober life is so much better

28 Likes

So happy to hear this Darren good work, so proud of you

3 Likes

Keep this for yourself and read it next time the demon comes calling, use it to remind yourself why you’re doing this.

Good work, man. Not much longer until 2 months!

4 Likes

Well done mate. I’m so pleased for you. That evening sounds lovely. I’m doing similar.

4 Likes

Well done Darren! Isn’t this the night out you were on about a few weeks ago

2 Likes

Yes Darren! Awesome :grin:

What do you think has clicked for you this time?

2 Likes

@anon12657779 yes it is :+1:

@siand because I feel more self conscience and anxious if people think I’m drinking, it’s embarrassing

7 Likes

Well done @DarrenUK …so pleased you are doing so well… keep it going mate :grin:

2 Likes

Darren, we’ve watched to go through this chameleon like transformation in your sober journey. It was like processing the stages of grief- it seems like you have accepted that drinking will not be a part of your life anymore, and you are being proactive in your recovery. Before you would have gone to the bar and posted about how hungover you were the next day. Good for you :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Darren - reading this makes my heart happy. Watching you grow and change along this road has been amazing as you figure out who you are in sobriety. Feel proud and stay humble, friend. Well done!

3 Likes

And not having that first drink is the best way to make sure you show people the side of yourself you want them to see :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Dude, I’m so relieved to read about your successful handling of the night out with friends. What you are doing is working for you, that’s obvious! So keep it up, keep your mind open and your attitude willing. Blessings on your house :pray:.

2 Likes

Darren, I’m SO proud of how well you are doing! Nicely done my friend!!

2 Likes

Yeeeeeeeahhhhhhhh Daaarrrrrrreeeen!!! It makes my heart happy to hear this. So very proud to know you. Keep kickin ass.

2 Likes

Woohoo!! Congrats on that!!! Also, Ozarks is a great show!!!

2 Likes

That’s the spirit! :facepunch:
So proud of you @DarrenUK!
And think about all the money you saved! You could buy yourself something nice just to celebrate the sober you!
Just a thought :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes