So much has changed

Let’s begin 5yrs ago…
My father passed away in the middle of a hard divorce that I was going through. My dad was my best friend. I felt alone. I was pressured into what formed a relationship and she got her daughter involved way too soon. Now I was trapped. Major “baby daddy” issues stole my freedom and my career as I protected my family from one of his “episodes” and caught a violent charge. Never been in trouble a day in my life! Now I’m a violent offender and lose my $140k a year job?! Fuck. I’m pissed. I’m hurt. I’m confused. I’m giving up. Fuck all of this! As already a being a recovering addict, I got high. A new drug this time, for me anyway. Methamphetamine. What a rush! I was hooked! I loved it! For the first 2 years of the addiction was low key and very much under control. Nobody had a single suspicion until I fell deeper in my pre-existing depression and lost my control. I was owed by meth. I was never in a bad mood when high. I lost count of days awake. Night and day just blended together like a delicious milk shake. Not good. Life became dark. My daughter was born and it didnt matter to me. I was always a good dad but I couldnt care less that I was a dad. Suicidal thoughts became daily. I countered that with music but became very obsessive with my guitar(s). No regrets there though because I became quite good. Excuse me as I toot my own horn but toot-toot. After a few years music could no longer help with my darkness and April of last year I hung myself. My brother saved my life and hasn’t spoken to me since. August my son was born. He was a surprise pregnancy. My addiction to meth still took priority. I loved to party and I loved to play. Now with infidelity I’m quickly losing my family. I hate meth and want it out of my life. I want my life back but fuck meth always wins! By now it was meth or me! I aquire a ball and ate all 3.7g at once! Either I die or survive but either way I was going to be done using! I survived. That was 3 months and 4 days ago. My wife is now my best friend. I owe her my everything as she stood by me the whole time. My baby boy is now 5 months old and daughter is now 3 and she loves her daddy more then ever having no clue that her whole life I was on meth just knows daddy is better. My oldest daughter sadly has a clue that something was off but knows daddy is back and finally feeling better. My wife has her man back and most importantly I have me back. I’m finally happy again and it shows. I promised my family that I would take back my life and now I’m currently sitting in class utilizing my post 9-11 GI bill in Aviation Maintenance getting my Airframe and Powerplant license and changing our lives forever. Now just over 3 months sober nothing makes me feel better than thinking fuck drugs, life is my new “drug” of choice! Thanks for reading.

15 Likes

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing your story. I’m so happy you have your family back but more importantly, you have yourself back! Congrats on 3 months, that’s an awesome accomplishment. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your story.
It sounds like it was a long road but here you are.
Congratulations I’m glad your here