So update for those wondering... *Domestic violence. Trigger Warning ⚠️*

This is the truth!! We can definitely get stuck in our trauma…hence our abusing our selves with substances. Getting free is key.

Even after 30+ years I can still find myself reacting in ways that were trauma formed …being aware of this tho, I can recenter myself and take back my power and confidence.

It can take time for sure. :heart:

5 Likes

YESSS! Knowledge is power! Recognizing the problem means you can correct it!

2 Likes

Hi girl! I love reading your posts here. You’re such a force of nature. You fought your life back and you are beautiful. Give your littlings a hug! :kissing_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

@Olivia thanks Liv! You been through it all with me. Basically from the beginning. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Love ya girlie.

2 Likes

What a beautiful update. You are strong and resilient! So glad you shared your progress to a new life. :unicorn::unicorn::unicorn:

3 Likes

Good to hear from you @DeadMist !
Thanks for the update. Happy to hear about the astonishing path you went. Wish you luck and send you good vibes :orange_heart::pray::heartpulse::sunflower::bouquet:

1 Like

@Phoebe thank you so much!

1 Like

@erntedank thanks so much. I’ll take all the good vibes I can get.

1 Like

Thanks for the nudge and update. I had just started reading this when you posted, and then life happened, and I didn’t finish.

I’m so happy to read all those wonderful milestones you are accomplishing. I’m grateful to see the God given strength you must have found to continue every day and be the most beautiful you you can be. For yourself and for your children. And for anyone else that finds them in your position.
Just wonderful Kayla.
So wonderful to read.
:pray::heart::wave:

2 Likes

@Dazercat thank you for the nudge as well. It’s been awhile since I posted! I feel like I wouldn’t be where I am without the wonderful people and encouragement I found here in TS!

1 Like

Congratulations on your 1 year plus some sober. Your victory in overcoming many overwhelming obstacles to find your better self is inspiring :heart: Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

@TigerMatriarch thank you! If we can share our story to encourage and/or help others then out trauma was for nothing.

2 Likes

Congrats. Get it girl

1 Like