So very sad

I had 2 months sober 2 days ago and everything was going really well until yesterday night when I relapsed. Didnt lose my mind or humiliate myself and didnt take much but today was hard nonetheless. I am so so sad, full of regrets. I cried the whole morning and did nothing today but watch tv and some breathing exercices. Anyway, starting over today…

10 Likes

Pick yourself up and try again.
You were brave to admit that you fell, your strong enough to hit those 2 months again and more

2 Likes

You made it back here your courageous enough to admit you had a little set back. Remember the feeling of regret and sadness to help keep you from going back and taking that first drink. At least your ok and nothing really went wrong. For me my last 3 drunks where just total kaos it takes alot for some of us to finally just get tired of being sick and tired.

2 Likes

Welcome Jennyfer
Great job on the 2 months. Glad you found us. This is a great sober community for support. Have a good read around and join in when your willing. You are not alone.

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

1 Like

Relapsing is not an exception, I am afraid that it is a common point. Do not let you down and maintain your desire of being sober. This is the most important thing: your desire. And try to keeping in mind these words: “your” in terms that you are the center and the main person in this, and “desire”. Regarding this that, sobriety it is not a question of will or power, but of desire and love, mainly love of yourself. Be positive, congrats for your two months! and think that today starts a longer period without the booze.

1 Like

Welcome Jennyfer! I hope you’ll find the support and information this community can provide will help you as much as it’s helped me. A relapse isn’t the end and it does not mean failure unless you give up. :hugs:

2 Likes

Thank you everyone. It is comforting and helping to read you and to know that I am not alone. I feel like I am understood here, thank you!!

4 Likes