Sober 1 day

Hi everyone I decided to get on here and try and get my drinking under control before it controls me…any advice would be awesome…I just wanna be better I hope you all have an amazing day/night

9 Likes

Welcome Bre
Congrats on day 1.
We are on here because we cannot get our drinking under control. And we are powerless over alcohol. Our main goal for using this beautiful sober app is to never pick up that first drink or drug of choice. The most important one. We try to do that one day at a time.
ODAAT.

I know that one drink will lead to others and I will eventually be drunk.

We work and support each other on here by staying sober and sharing what works for us.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Congrats on the start of improving your life. I have six months of sobriety. When I find myself being triggered I do whatever I can to get out of that mindset. I go for a walk, I clean something in my home, I run an errand, i phone a friend, or whatever I can think of doing that will get me past the thought of drinking. it’s basically mind over matter. I go to a support group once a week and it’s really beneficial. A lot of people like AA and find it helpful and supportive. Best of luck to you!

4 Likes

Welcome Bre,
Like said before getting control over my drinking became impossible for me in the end. It consumed all my thoughts, my life, this drinking in moderation like society approves. I was forced to take the decision and the safest amount is none.
I was lucky that I didn’t have any physical withdrawal symptoms but I know there are people how suffer a lot in early days.
But every day I don’t drink is a win and I am grateful I don’t have to fight anymore.
We are here, together to learn from each other how to face life without our DOC. To prepare ourselves for triggering moments, having tools at hand to get us through cravings and to have enough self-confidence to proudly say: no, thanks I don’t drink.

4 Likes

I am a little over a year sober. One thing I did was change my habits. I didn’t go to places I normally drank at. I switched nail shops because I normally drank a glass of wine at the previous one. I no longer frequent bars or clubs and when I go out to restaurants I immediately disclose that I don’t drink alcohol so they don’t give me drink offers. It’s weird at first and new people you meet may not understand. But now I take pride in disclosing my sobriety and feel great about it.

4 Likes