Sober, but not as Happy As You Said

Hey there, 31 days is great. It does get better, with time. But you have to put in some work. Action has to be taken. Taking alcohol out of the equation is a start and a great one at that. But its what you do after you put the alcohol down…
Try hitting an AA Meeting, they helped me tremendously. I got a sponsor and started working the Steps. The Steps saved me. They changed my life! And i needed something to change. I was depressed, wasnt happy, and didnt see much of a future. But i did see the little tiny light at the end of the tunnel. I knew what my life could be like and i was told i had to work for it. And so do you. So id recommend to get in a daily routine. Read a daily meditation book and start to pray. Your prayer can be a simple as help me stay sober today, thank your higher power at night. If you dont have a higher power, do some research. It just needs to be loving, caring, and greater than you. Example, God, the universe, a group, anything honestly.
What are you willing to do to make things better? Like i said before, meetings changed my life. I make time for them and you will have to also. Yes, i said, make time. Take 1 hour out of your day, maybe 2 at the most, for you! You deserve a better life and to be happy. Youll also find great support. Since your family isnt supporting you, look elsewhere. I know its hard, but maybe one day theyll come around. Once you stay sober for a bit and they know your serious. Youre so early in this, theyre most likely still skeptical. You getting sober is an adjustment for them also.
I quit drinking because i was miserable and unhappy. I didnt feel like i deserved happiness. But i knew i deserved to live a normal life without alcohol. And you do too!
And depression, its our enemy. Its so easy to get down. But you must keep fighting and pushing yourself. It will get better! Seek a doctor if need be. I had too… Today im medicated. Once i got sober, i felt emptions really strongly. Depression hit me hard. So after 30 days and i was still down. I sought help through a doctor and got put on non narcotic medication. Narcotics are never a great choice for anxiety and depression, just a side note. Ive been sober now for over 2 years and i must be doing something right becsuse im sober and happy. And you can be too, so put in the work and things will get better!

2 Likes

nothing anymore. I dint want it.

Its really hard. every time I let my weaknesses get a hold of me but im doing better. stronger even.

1 Like

It is worth the shot. Having a strong support system is vital and will make your recovery easier, while allowing you to be more accountable

Hi how are you feeling today