Sober check in

How many days, months, years how ya feeling today!

1 Like

Only day 30, it’s alright though.
I leave no room for relapsing :blush::raised_hands::ok_hand::fist:

4 Likes

I’m 106 days alcohol free! There was a terrible snowstorm last night so it’s a snow day and I had to bring my daughter to the YMCA for my 1st personal trainer session. I’m glad I did bc then we went swimming for a bit after(even tho the wind chill is like -30°❄, but the pool was like 80°🔥). Off to work soon and besides having to go outside for a few minutes at a time, I’m feeling pretty damn good.

8 Likes

Don’t say ONLY, that’s a big deal, 30 days is rad, congrats, keep it up.

5 Likes

91 days here.

7 Likes

Hey. There is a thread that covers the exact same topics. You might want to check it out. Search for “checking in daily to maintain focus” :blush:

It doesn’t seem like a big deal, when it comes with ease :roll_eyes::innocent:

2 Likes

30 days is fantastic!

3 Likes

Well, happy that it is easy. For many it is not easy. What are you going to do when it is not easy?

1 Like

40 days and I’m still feeling like I can sustain my sobriety from compulsive spending/hoarding.

3 Likes

84 days clean!! I’m feeling like my forearms are tired from making dough for pizzas at work all day! Other then that, pretty solid. Just got back from a meeting it was good as well!

2 Likes

Today is day 1 all over again… I would be upset and to an extent I am… BUT I made the decision to delete a bunch of phone numbers so I feel relieved. It wont be easy down the road but I’m completely done with that old way of living. I just have to always play the tape to the end during the times when I “forget” how bad it was. And to remember WHY I’m doing this recovery thing.

4 Likes

When it is not easy, then I’ll use tools to go through with it, though I somehow can’t believe that for some reasons it will become being hard.
How and why could/would it become hard? :thinking:

1 Like

Great to hear your already close to a third of a year and you have so much to show for it! Keep going!

1 Like

The first hour is a huger let along a month!!! Congrats on your accomplishment and snowball off that!

1 Like

So long as you are determined to change this is part of the process. Remember your triggers and avoid them when you are in your early stages of transformation.

Awesome work on nearly 3 months great to hear! Looks like your more productive at work too. Can’t wait to hear about more positives to come!

3 months is a huge accomplishment! It only gets better from here my brother!

Good news to hear! Forever onwards!

Well, for me, the longer I am sober the easier to believe I may of outgrown, “cured”, or never really had a problem. My last time was after >10 yrs sober, I decided 1 beer would not be a problem many many beers later after a night I barely recall parts of the night who knows what else happened. I could of killed myself or someone else in my drunken state. Put me and my whole family at risk. So for me it fairly easy to not drink. I am incredible fortunate. The hard part is always remembering why I chose not to drink. That i is where I mess up for I am a binge drinker and usually drink till I pass out. Once I start the outcome is pretty certain. So the most important thing for me is not having the first drink. If I do that, I am good. Seems simple but my mind is pretty clever in convincing me I can have a single drink.

2 Likes