Sober date!

Going to be hitting 7 months in 2 weeks. It seems like just yesterday I was checking myself into rehab as my ex stood at the door watching me go away
.sadness and tears fell down my cheeks. Today no more. Today I smile from ear to ear and happiness glows throughout me most days. I am so happy to say that I will be almost 7 months sober and in 3 months I start school. I got into a car accident over a year ago and I still have concussion symptoms and as long as my physical and occupational therapy go well I can return to work which I am very happy about. Computer forensics is my degree. I’ve been journaling coloring doing poetry and most recently painting. There is so much in the world you can achieve and do as a hobbie it may take tome but it’s really looking into it and finding what your passionate about. That and I’ve started my own makeup YouTube page which i will be starting soon. Please share with me the hobbies thst you enjoy to do with being sober?

10 Likes

Ukulele! It’s easy to start making recognizable sounds very soon after taking it up. It’s fun for me and there is a class at my local library, so it promotes social interaction too.

1 Like

i’m starting a small business and being sober allows me to spend my weekends and nights working on that instead of crippling myself with my addiction. i also love to read and i’m able to do that so much more now!

3 Likes

It’s amazing what you can achieve in sobriety. Well done :+1:

1 Like

thanks! hope you’re able to tackle some enjoyable stuff as well :slightly_smiling_face: