Sober enough to help loved ones

10 DAYS ago I was staying in a hotel room with my boyfriend while we were traveling and around 1am after a night of drinking and smoking marijuana, he had an anxiety attack and in terror, needed me to call an ambulance. I was so intoxicated I almost couldn’t help him. Weve been doin this together for over 4 years by the way. And I almost got into a really bad accident on the way to the hospital because they wouldn’t let me ride in the ambulance. I am also on DUI probation. It was terrifying and sooo sad. But I finally got there after getting lost and almost getting into another accident due to my intoxication. He needed me. And I want to have kids someday(luckily he didn’t get hurt, what if we had kids and one needed me and I wouldn’t be able to help?!), this was a HUGE wake up call. Again😔

1 Like

Wow! What a story! Have you quit yet? Are you going te quit together? It’s easier if you make a plan. There are a lot of tips and tricks here on the forum wich will help you. But the first step is taken: you are here! :+1:

1 Like

There is a higher power, bigger than you, whatching over you. Now you’re aeare of it. You will sort ir out and have beautiful loving kids. Thikabout it and try get clean asap. It’s worth it. Believe me… Do surrend to this higher power, call It what you want. He loves you to bits but gives you freedom to take your own choices. Takethe right ones. Deep indide you you already know what the are… lots of love to bothbof you XXXX

2 Likes

There is a higher power, bigger than you, whatching over you. Now you’re AWARE of it. You will sort ir out and have beautiful loving kids. Thikabout it and try get clean asap. It’s worth it. Believe me… Do surrend to this higher power, call It what you want. He loves you to bits but gives you freedom to take your own choices. Takethe right ones. Deep indide you you already know what the are… lots of love to bothbof you XXXX

Glad you’re here. Always remember that terrible night and start a new sober and clean life for yourself. It’s not going to be easy but it is definitely worth it and you can make it! There’s so much help around here. Thanks for being open and sharing your hard story. That’s an amazing first step into a better way of life!

1 Like

That’s quite a story and the harsh reality is the next one will be worse if alcohol is involved…that’s how it’s been for me each time I started drinking again. They’re is a solution…

1 Like

Glad you see this problem and it was a terrible idea to drive. Next time get an uber or lift if you really have to go. Since you both indulge in alcohol and smoking. This is an enabling situation and hard on early recovery. Has he seen the need to stop? If so you can both do this but you have to separate your sobriety and do it for yourself and future only. Obviously you need to re-evaluate your partner if he thinks this lifestyle is ok. Goodluck there are many here facing the same problems and struggles as you.

2 Likes

Today is day 7. I did drink once or twice after this event. Which stinks. But I am trying to come up with a different plan. Being on here helps and posting and replying! I meditate and exercise, pray, express gratitude more often, journal and carry positive affirmation stones. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

I think you already know this in your gut … if you don’t stop this behavior one day something really bad will happen!! Eventually luck will run out and this could easily ruin your life. Make the change now before you have kids. But more importantly do this for you… our time on this earth is so short and no day is promised to us.

1 Like

Journaling is one of my secret weapons in recovery. I’ll admit I haven’t done it as much since I started writing on my step work, but it was crucial the first 2 months.

You should give meetings a shot.

3 Likes

Meetings are definitely good…I need to get back in

1 Like

Meetings will definitely help. At least you can develop a strong support system. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Keep your momentum going you are on the right path.

1 Like

@Butch I have admitted, and I admit everyday when I pray💜

That is good to hear. I wish you the best.