Sober from my DOC but can’t get myself 100% sober

Hi everyone,

I have been sober for 38 days now from my drug of choice which is opiates. Throughout these 38 days I have abused adderal maybe 5-7 days. I am not prescribed and I take more than a doctor would prescribe someone in a day. On the days where I get the itch and heavy cravings to use, I chose to do the adderal rather than opiates since that was my original problem. I don’t want swifch one addiction for the other cause I have done that once before when getting clean from opiates. Any advice or suggestions are recommended or stories of overcoming cravings etc…

Also I am located in Rochester, NY and I am looking for N.A. meetings if anyone has any suggestion for good meetings, preferably younger crowd more focused on narcotics than alcohol. Thank you!

2 Likes

I suggested the YPAA meetings last time you posted. I forget where it’s at exactly but I’ve been there before. It’s the Young People meeting. I hope you actually read this message

1 Like

Thank you for this. Last time I posted I was on a good run but unfortunately slipped for a bit. Since then I went into my first detox program and stayed for 10 days and working outpatient program but they only have me in 1 group a week so I’m trying to get more. I’ll look into the YPAA and let you know how it goes.

2 Likes

I used to live in rochester and have heard good things about a spot called ROCovery Fitness. Maybe thats something worth checking out? https://www.rocoveryfitness.org/
They have all kinds of group activities based around sobriety and healthy lifestyles. It was a great resource for a friend of mine who also struggled with opiates.