Sober from Tramadol and Xanax, daily check in for motivation

Hi Rayn, ssup? I hope you are doing super awesome. I am getting Better day by day.
Here are some rough ideas on which I am working now. wrote long back though.

69 days of sobriety!! Definitely, better days.

3 Likes

Tramal acts as an opiate and stimulant (but more like antidepressant stimulation). Plus Xanax. You may experience opiate and benzo withdrawal plus sort od stimulats comedown. I have been there - this mix is a killer - and in the rehab they told me that noone can handle this hell to stop suddenly all od it. Stop Tramal first (tapering may be required) and then change Xanax to diazepam (long acting benzo), and then taper diazepam slowly. Expect depression and anxiety for a long time (terapist may help and some support drugs like Zoloft or Pregabaline)

1 Like

I am 78 days off of tram and xanax. I donā€™t have any severe depression anymore but i do get anxious time to time (specially the night before any big work). I kind of learned to accept it and run its course. Lately I am doing that pretty alright.
I feel like a completely different person, happy positive and energetic.

1 Like

Yes, pregabalin helped me a lot, i took it for around 25 days.

91 days. I was really busy with some work so didnā€™t get a chance to post. I am really happy and thankful to all of you. Cheers.

Small steps towards a not so small dream of staying sober. 93 days.
In the mean time I worked on 2 short films, everyone on set told me that I look happy, energetic and i was enjoying the hell outta everything. A lot of close folks personally asked me how I look and feel so renewed. My response time is way better, I am always present 100%. I was an hour early every day, knew the script beforehand, tried to help everyone on the set as much as possible. And the best part? I enjoyed every single moment, had super fun.
My point being I was entirely wrong bout losing out opportunities during the time off. Instead I gained back what I was rapidly losing, my enthusiasm and love for what I do.
Anyone who thinks he or she might be left out during the time off, be rest assured you will come back crazy good, people will be shocked to see you fresh, full of energy, excitement and potential. Take the time off. Itā€™s important.

Odd quirks here and there will be there, its the way of life, happens with everyone. We are not exception, at least I am not.

I am still getting strong downtimes at least 3-4 times a month. Insecurities, fear, anxiousness, depression, restlessness I get all of these but now I strongly believe that these are temporary. I donā€™t need anything extra to resolve these.
I bought a lot of books as well and reading as much as possible. It helps.
One day at a time. Cheers.

120 days clean. One day at a time.

2 Likes

Hey man, glad to hear you are still moving forward! Are things better for you?

Hey Megan, how are you? I am going strong so far. Anxiety and depression is fading but slowly. I have no other issues now except some euphoric recalls at some particular places/times. Nothing unmanageable so far.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s great to hear! Things have been going well for me. Still have a lot of struggles coming off of Seroquel, but Iā€™m hanging in there and staying strong. Itā€™s going to be a long road to completely get off it, but Iā€™m getting stronger every day. I know I can get that worked out too. One damn say at a time says it all!