Sober Halloween Activities

Sober Halloween activities!?
I’ve been looking for Halloween activities for my girlfriend and I and everything involves drinking or having a kid(which we do not)
Also I hate how getting messed up is so in your face on Halloween… AHHHH!

5 Likes

A walk with your sweetheart? Getting a dozen small pumpkins and make a bowling alley at home? Catch a movie, at the drive in? Let your mind go and forget the old stuff of Halloween. Make some new shit!

4 Likes

Make a Halloween dinner or grab take out!! Make cupcakes or a dessert and catch up on a movie!! Make new traditions sober!!! They are the best!! Just suggestions. Enjoy your life today :jack_o_lantern::ghost:

4 Likes

Pumpkin bowling sounds so fun!!

3 Likes

For me, as I dont have kids, I treat it like any normal day. I an old fart, and halloween is a night for kids to get candy.

So, I go home…have a normal night and go to bed.

You can completely redifine any “drinking” “holiday”.

If it wasnt for the booze, would you have enjoyed celebrating all those years? When I got sober, I found that most the time, I could have cared less about them.

2 Likes

I’m carving pumpkins, participating in a costumed 10k, seeing a horror play at a theater with friends, there’s haunted hayrides and haunted houses, and there’s a huge Jack o lantern spectacular at the local zoo (mn) with thousands and thousands of carved pumpkins that’s absolutely amazing. I make decorations for our yard and on Halloween I dress up in costume and hand out candy to kids, which is fun too. :grin: The spooky season has a lot to offer and I’m so here for it!

2 Likes

Haunted houses are the best in my opinion. This is going to be my 4th sober Halloween and going to haunted houses has become a sober tradition for us.

5 Likes

Our local AA fellowships throw all kinds of sober social events for Halloween. One starts off early with family friendly activities for those with kiddos, has a special meeting, then costume contest that swings into karaoke and a dance party into the night.

Have done before, and they’re a lot of fun!

1 Like

I’m in Illinois and there are a ton of pumpkin patches and corn mazes! Scary movie marathons are a favorite of mine. Some movie theaters around me are actually showing old spooky movies this week. Pumpkin carving is always fun. You can always look for dry bars in your area. There is one by me that is just starting up and they are having a Halloween party. They specialize in mock tails and NA spirits and drinks. There may also be volunteer opportunities through a church or community center near you.

2 Likes