Sober Hobbies

Amazing!

I’m looking forward to finding new hobbies to fill the space left behind by alcohol.

Things I’m taking up or focusing on:

a.) Starting a website to publish essays or opinion pieces I plan to write on specific social issues (I am an aspiring journalist).

b.) Fitness. I want to find a new activity that gets me moving. The trouble is, I hate ball and team sports. Perhaps hiking or swimming.

c.) Reading. I’m finally going to attack my ‘too read’ list. I mostly read non-fiction on all kinds of topics: politics, society, philosophy

d.) Learn a new language. Latin or Ancient Greek…or perhaps both. I’m fascinated by the ancient world.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m a big fan of 1000-1500 piece jigsaws as it keeps me focused. I love reading too! I’m an academic at heart so I even write the occasional essay as the research aspect as well as the organisation of my points and explanations keep me occupied and focused on the task at hand.

4 Likes

New sober hobby, trying to learn metalsmithing :heart:

13 Likes

Is that Labradorite? I love those stones! I have a special labradorite worry stone.

2 Likes

I actually got back onto TCG trading cards like pokemon cards and also sports hockey basketball football card sets most recently i got into Disney cards… i like to try and complete different sets andvof course pul the rare ones and get graded

4 Likes

It sure is! I tried again with another one but still am in the process of learning. Very close though to having a sellable pendent I can share with others! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

So beautiful. I love it!

2 Likes

Thank you! :heart:

1 Like

I do paint by number. Started it right before Covid hit and it stuck! I would post some pics but it says I’m a new user and can’t LOL :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes

Oh that is cool - give it a few days and you’ll be able to post pics — looking forward to seeing your paintings.

Welcome to the community :hugs:

3 Likes

Journaling, cleaning (it’s not simply a task for me :sweat_smile:), cooking, studying, sewing, scrapbooking, cross-stitching, and reading.

5 Likes

I cross stitch as well!

3 Likes

I just got sober and started to renovate my house to stay busy. It’s the perfect long term project to keep me busy indefinitely. 3000 square feet of projects, plus the outside… should help keep my mind busy.

3 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed puzzling, I get the big 3000 piece ones and they keep me busy! This year I’ve committed to reading two books a month, one self help styled one and one just for fun! And to exhaust myself physically I’ve been jogging a lot when the weather permits! Right now it’s quite snowy so just been taking the dog for some nice long walks instead

5 Likes

-Cooking. I love trying new recipes and meal prepping.
-Gardening. Just herbs at this stage, which I use for the cooking hobby. Currently building a house and looking forward to having a blank canvas when it’s done.
-Drawing. Only simple carton images. I have a toddler so have been learning how to draw some fun pictures for him.

5 Likes

Ahhhh, you guys…I just completed my first metalsmithing project from start to finish! This is SO exciting! :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

I really love it!

1 Like

Thank you! Me too! It’s not perfect but progress not perfection is lovely with me! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Wow…these are beautiful :heart: great work

1 Like

Stunning! Awesome work. That looks like a hobby i woud love.

1 Like