Sober NYE party up in heeerrreee

Who else is staying home tonight? :wave:🙋

tenor (11)

Going to do some chores to have a clean (ish) house to start the new year in, and then go shopping to make sure we have plenty of snacks and bits to finish up the Xmas leftovers.

What are you guys up to this evening? And who on TS is first to see in 2020?

25 Likes

Hubbie and I both now have the flu. If we have the energy we might throw caution to the wind and have a hot chocolate. At some point. Maybe. :sweat_smile::joy:

Happy New Year :kissing_heart:

Will the Aussies be first?

4 Likes

I believe that it is already a new year for @AyBee.
I’m really pushing the boat out tonight eating pizza watching movies. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Staying home and will be asleep way before midnight. Never was a partier, drank alone. Besides, have children. Making baked ziti for dinner and hubby is mowing lawn today.

5 Likes

Stopping in don’t know what we are doing yet.

3 Likes

We will stay in. Back in 2011 we started a tradition of keeping a Happy Things jar on our kitchen counter and starting a fresh one every year. When the mood strikes we add in a happy memory, moment, etc. They can be big (new grandson born!, trip to Jamaica!) or small (butterflies, cuddling on the couch) and everything in between. It is a good way for us to remember the good stuff and be grateful. So…tonight we will go thru our 2019 jar.:heart:

23 Likes

rX9W

8 Likes

A fine meal. One of my favs. Enjoy your evening and may your night pass rest fully to begin the year at peace.

1 Like

Got no words only emotions. Ay ayeie ie

3 Likes

Staying home like last year, doubt I will see midnight.

Getting Chinese food, it is the one day of the year where I allow myself to indulge in it.

Also, 2019 will mark my first full calendar year (Jan 1 - Dec 31) that I have been sober. Closing in on 600 days overall.

Enjoy your evening, folks.

20 Likes

Happy new year Tristan! On my way to my brother’s new year party but not gonna stay for long. Feel like I’ve catched cold :hot_face:

3 Likes

Happy new year, my friend. I’m a bit under the weather the past few days myself. Hope you feel better soon!

4 Likes

Congrats on 1 year and have another great and sober one.

1 Like

You too my friend :hugs: these last months haven’t been so easy for many of us, but let’s decide the new one will be an adventure, rather than a rollercoaster :heart:

What! When did you hit one year @TMAC??

2 Likes

I will miss all the fun overhere :cry:, going to see some friends.
Have fun all of you and I will see you next year!!
ny-53

9 Likes

See you soon and party well dear!

2 Likes

My 1 year was way back on June 9th!

I mean this is my first calendar year, January through December…if that makes sense :blush:

2 Likes

Is it time to bust this bad boy out yet?

Resounding yes

6 Likes

Went shopping before housework. Drinks list for NYE in this house is Schloer (red, white and rose varieties :see_no_evil:) and ginger beer.

Xmas is the one time of year I eat meat so we have leftover goose which we will cook for crispy goose pancakes to have with some salad, lots of cheese and I have some mince pie (shortcrust) pastry that I will do something with.

There’s a firework display on at 7:15pm and one of the viewing spots is the field outside my house so might wander out with some hot chocolate :coffee:

Note to self, next year make up hot chocolate in batches to sell to people watching fireworks :sparkler:

3 Likes

Ofcourse it makes, and it’s mine too. Congrats for us :muscle: Just looked at Renee’s post and was confused :joy:

2 Likes