Sober October Begins

Great job on 5 days!!! I’m sorry you are feeling so terrible. This may sound silly but if you have an ice pack, lay down on it with it on your lower back. It will help cool you off. Or there is always a cold shower lol

Welcome btw!! It does get better after the first few weeks!

1 Like

Thanks @Runningfree
I appreciate the words of encouragement

I think I have a bad head cold/flu type symptoms and just need to get some rest.

Looking forward to this getting easier!
Hope you’re doing okay

3 Likes

Boom! One week. Feeling so much better today - actually had a decent sleep and looking forward to the weekend and all the temptations lol

6 Likes

Yay!! Good for you! Great job on your week! Happy weekend :tada::confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Congratulations to 7 continues days of sobriety! :tada:

2 Likes

Just wanted to thank everyone for the support. The first few days were a little tough. Boredom and the change in routine left me feeling quite strange. When I feel great, which is 95% of the time, I write how I feel and email myself with the details. When I feel the urge creeping up, I read my own words and it works perfectly!

“I feel more confident speaking to people, better about my health, weight and overall well being. I wake up feeling normal and can begin my day in a positive way. I am a better Dad and family man and overall much happier. Just a reminder to keep it up. Well done.”

3 Likes

Great job on finding something that works for you!!! Keep up the work!

2 Likes

Hey yall I love these kind of endeavors!! I quit drinking for lent in 2019 and have like 1300 days sober now. through which I’ve also found many other aspects of my life I could improve upon and continue to work to build a better future for myself and my family through stability, kindness (often to myself), with sobriety being of course the Cornerstone and the one essential aspect to everything.

Stick with it! you have no idea the Wonderous beauties that are down this road.

Be well

3 Likes