Sober October Begins

Just started sober October. It is a first for me. Determined to make this my first step towards sobriety this month with plans on sober forever. Step by step.

37 Likes

Congratulations.
Same for me. Sober October, almost through day 1.
One step at a time.

20 Likes

Welcome :+1: I’m on day one too :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

@Sianmufc @Neilrw71 @JASONL123…Congratulations and welcome. Treating EVERYDAY as day-one has worked for me.,Literally, sobriety is the most important part of Our lives!

10 Likes

Wish you All good luck !

6 Likes

Welcome! Be active here, this place will help

9 Likes

Welcome. I would encourage you to make plans to do sober October, and not look too far into the future. Take it one day at a time.

8 Likes

Hell to the yes. Everyday day is a day one, and when i haven’t drank its a day won.

Glad y’all trying for sobriety, it’s pretty cool if you ask me.

9 Likes

Congratulations and welcome! Can I ask why y’all chose October? Did I miss something? I love October! It’s my favorite month and season! I agree with everyone who has commented. Each day is always the day we stopped drinking, again! Have a great day!

Hi, thanks for all the support. Day one complete and (after a very restless night) ready for the new day! I think.

In answer to the question, why October, well for me I chose this date because I needed the support of friends and family and I can say I’m doing “sober October” for charity_ Macmillan Cancer here in the UK traditionally offer support and I can get on board this openly and without fear of ridicule or detractors (I hope) and maybe raise some funds for charity along the way by donating what I would have spent on a drink or two!

6 Likes

Well done for making this decision, charity stuff is great for a kick start… i once did 90 days and got my family and friends to sponsor me for it for a charity, i did it but by the end i was in the headspace where i literally sat drink in hand waiting for the last second so i could drink again as a reward…this ( looking back) was because i wasnt being sober for myself…my point is …have something in place to keep you going once October ends because it could get in your head like it did mine, watch for that…let that reason be you because you deserve a better life

6 Likes

Really appreciate this response and relate 100 percent!

1 Like

That’s wonderful! Sober and for a cause! I pray strength and wisdom for you!

3 Likes

Day 1 for me as well! We can do this and we WILL! I like the thought of everyday is day one hence the day WON! Today will be my day won!!!

6 Likes

Day 2 done. How are you doing @JASONL123?

4 Likes

Me too. Day 1

2 Likes

Welcome! Glad to have you here. I am 94 days and the people here and their sharing have provided me with support and strength. Have a great day!

5 Likes

Day 3 complete. The worst night so far, very restless and could not sleep. Was sure a drink would help me sleep but I settled for a cup of hot chocolate and late night TV lol.

Feel very very tired, but way better than having a hangover!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

3 Likes

Welcome all new people to TS!:raising_hand_man:t3:

Into Day 6. Honestly the worst feeling so far.
Terrible night and today I feel sick. Like a fever, hot flushes and tiredness. A drink would surely sort me out and allow me to sleep and feel better :weary::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

3 Likes