Sober Rosa Feels All The Feels

People have different methods that work for them, and even the same person may find different methods work at different times. It is smart to think about what is and is not working for you.

1 Like

Thanks for the validation. I certainly had a time where counting my days was very valuable to me and I see the value more generally for many people.

1 Like

Overcommitment to anything can turn negative.
You get to decide what’s healthy and positive interaction and commitment. This can and will change over time, and in response to life. It’s normal. It’s healthy.
TS is a tool as well as a community. You don’t need to use a tool every day if you don’t need it. I’ve got heaps of tools in my shed, some get used a lot, some hardly ever until I find it is the best and only tool for a job. I never feel like I should get rid of a tool just because I don’t use it often - i know its value and worth when needed and gives me security knowing it’s there ready to go.
Using the right tool for the right job also gives the best results.
You do you.
Get good results.
:+1:

5 Likes

Hey, thanks for the comment, amigo. I concur with what you’ve said and I appreciate your support. It feels good at this point to have the agency to make these kinds of choices that are best for me. It’s kinda like I’ve got some experience under my belt :flushed::rofl: but I do second guess myself quite a bit so it helps to have some reinforcement that I can make these decisions and be confident in them because I take in data and adjust as needed. I’ve got that toolbox, too, and my methods are never very static. It’s all pretty cool in my mind, all of this available to me! (And to everyone else, too)

And gettin’ good results thus far!

3 Likes

Thanks! Your participation here is what you make of it. I was much more active in the past when I needed more support and interaction to distract me from urges to drink. That in combination with trying to support others in their challenges helped me a lot in my early days seeking sobriety. It helped me develop a mindset that was more recovery oriented, I learned from others and felt I could be of service, and ultimately I felt less alone. The connection to peers was and is the most important part of my being here. I don’t think you have to rationalize why you’re participating - if it feels helpful to you, then that’s what counts!

And thanks for reading - you’ve reminded me that I’ve been meaning to revisit this thread and maybe start writing a bit here again. :+1:t3:

5 Likes

A year binge free. A year since I really acknowledged my codependent tendencies and started working on them, especially as it relates to my husband drinking and me feeling like I “had” to join in, like I “had” to sample his home brewed beers or I wasn’t supporting him. In fact, my timer says “Reset codep recovery!” A year of really taking responsibility for myself, my choices, and my behaviors. I have a long way to go yet, I have utilized online therapy in the past but I have my first therapy session in person next week to really dig deep on some issues, some traumas. I feel like I have gotten somewhat stagnant in life and need a kickstart, but you know what? I’m not drinking about it. I’m not relying on numbing myself anymore. To be honest, I haven’t really done so for a couple years and I’m very proud of that fact. So, yes, I’m proud of my progress! Remembering where I’ve been is helpful, reading through this thread and my old journal entries is always immensely helpful. Talking to my husband is helpful, too, since he’s seen me at my worst. That’s not me anymore and it doesn’t have to be me ever again, but I need and want to keep putting the work in, to keep myself connected to my supports and to keep taking life a day at a time. Thanks to all who have been here for me, all the PMs working through things (like the social media aspect of TS :speak_no_evil:) and making me smile and laugh on hard days. I’m grateful for you.

30 Likes

Congratulations on another milestone my friend!!! What a year!! I am so happy for you and the joy you are mining in life, sobriety and with your husband. :heart: I am so grateful to be on this journey with you and I learn so much from your thoughtful and compassionate shares. Bravo to you!! May you and your gardens, plants and marriage continue to grow and flourish!! :heart::rainbow::heart:

3 Likes

Congratulations my friend. It’s so good to read that especially as you are usually not posting your numbers :upside_down_face: this is something to celebrate :tada::sunflower:

2 Likes

Big congratulations! Wow! :tada::tada::tada:

And a big thank you for being part of this amazing community…:heart:

2 Likes

Congratulations!

Your journey (and cooking) are inspiring.
2102738bbac7c13a44f41bf63629ecce7188369631fa92ad9aae60a15e874231.0

2 Likes

That might be the nicest thing anyone’s ever said to me :wink:

Seriously, thanks everyone. Feeling the love.

One year WOW way to go Rosa!

1 Like

Woooohoooo congrats Rosa!!! Congrats on all your days off booze and your recovery. Love you lots. :heart:
bowUcqP1rT5yo

2 Likes

Congrats!! A+ work right there!!

PlayfulEmbellishedAmericanbittern-max-1mb

1 Like

That gif is golden right there! Love it. Thanks.

1 Like

Congratulations @RosaCanDo ! You Can Do! Sooo happy for you! Nice to see you travelling your sober journey! You are winning! Wishing you the best sober year ahead!
Here’s some cheesecake for your camp out and celebration! Hugs.

2 Likes

Congratulations again. :purple_heart: So happy for you working in your life and relationship. You’ve made progress and will keep making it!

1 Like

Congratulations on 1 year sober! :tada:

1 Like

Heartfelt congratulations to you Rosa :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I so admire your dedication to putting in the work and doing the hard things. And so glad it is paying off for you. Thank you for your continued kind, calming and insightful presence around here. And for the pics of Lupe’s beautiful big bat ears :sweat_smile::sparkling_heart:

3 Likes