Sober Saturdays & Sundays

Sounds like a great weekend! This will be my first sober weekend in a very long time, I’ll be 7 days sober by tomorrow night! I took the kids to the pool for a swim this afternoon. I bought some takeaway, without feeling guilty for spending money now I’ve saved some, and came home to hang out watching cartoons :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Congrats on 7 days. Sounds like you’ve had a productive day as well. Enjoy waking up tomorrow hangover free

2 Likes

Great feeling waking up without a hangover and no regrets from the night before. Happy Saturday :blush:

5 Likes

I just walked to Starbucks and they had no hot coffee (their coffee brewer is broken)… which was funny (for me). I usually drink black coffee so that’s all I really wanted going there. I got a small Americano instead and it’s delicious!

2 Likes

It’s the first Saturday in a while that I haven’t felt pressured (self imposed) to do lots of housework or be productive, so I’m going to watch my favorite, the BBC miniseries of Pride and Prejudice that I’ve watched too many times to count and knit my sweater project. Hopefully I can knock out a lot of it and get closer to finishing. I’m ready to move on! No doubt my little personal heater, Miss Lupe dog, will curl up under the covers next to me. I just ordered a hoodie for her - she’s always cold but does not tolerate sweaters - and so we are going to try that again. I keep thinking if I just make her wear it she’ll get used to it eventually, but she just rubs up against all the walls and furniture and rolls around trying to get it off! But I’m trying again… :woman_facepalming: That’s my Saturday! Loving it! Happy weekend, all!

2 Likes

Good plan!

A few months ago my boyfriend wanted a Burger King burger (I’m a vegetarian) and they were out of burger. :rofl::rofl: Actually I shouldn’t laugh as it was probably pandemic related. Glad you enjoyed your coffee.:coffee:

2 Likes

Sounds like a lovely day!

1 Like

Lol i know what you mean, I laughed about it but know not everyone would think it’s funny!

Thank you :blush:! Hope you have a good day!

1 Like

Oh yeah…people can fly off the handle when it comes to their coffee needs not being met. Not judging…but thinking a strong caffeine habit is to blame. :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

I’m with ya on that! Even walked the dogs!

1 Like

Good morning sober weekend crew! Anyone got any good plans for today? I need to go the petshop which I attempted last weekend, but puppy decided she was not happy in the car. She is not happy being left alone either :upside_down_face: so today I will make it to the petshop either as a family outing or a solo mission for me.

I have some other stuff to do but it’s all boring stuff like chores and life admin :unamused: I used to go out drinking to avoid doing this kind of stuff. Now… Well I am never going to be a domestic goddess type but at least I won’t have a hangover and a messy house tomorrow :rofl:

For now though a slow start to the day, going to wash up from last night’s dinner, do my yoga and meditation then have a sit down with a nice cup of tea.

6 Likes

Hope your coffee shop has coffee this weekend! :laughing:

2 Likes

What type of puppy do you have?

1 Like

Jack Russell. Beautiful but a lot of work

2 Likes

Ha I bet! They are clever but the thing with clever dogs is they know what they can get away with! Our last dog was a collie, really wanted another rescue but circumstances didn’t line up and out next door neighbour’s dog had pups… So we have a viszla puppy.

It’s a day to stay indoors! Snowing and bitter cold. I’m feeling a bit discombobulated from a new med, so a slow day is in order, but I’ll be cobbling together a chicken soup and possibly playing with my new Instant Pot today! Probably knitting and hot tea and doggy and husband cuddles in the mix, as well. I am resolved to practice the piano at least once this weekend, as I have not touched the keys in far too long and have to get over that initial barrier of feeling a bit ashamed and guilty for not doing it! Strange, but it’s the way it goes for me. Enjoy your weekend, amigos!

4 Likes

Soberirty let’s me do anything I want to do in my free time and so many doors opened because what was “too expensive” to do before is easily affordable not throwing my paycheck away every Friday night.

WHAT THE %$%# TOOK ME SO LONG! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Was simply worn out from the work week. SO went out and got us Chinese. A few movies and I was out! Slept 11 hours. I feel great. Day includes the gym, out to a fav lunch spot that allows us to bring our doggo, food shopping, stop by to see my son, then home. 100% chance of rain all day. Tomorrow not looking better. But, I am sober and every day is sunny. Ugh!! Sorry…that was terribly corny.

Everyone enjoy your day!

2 Likes

They did! And thanks for the encouragement, your post helped me get up and walk to get coffee :slight_smile:

4 Likes