Sober Selfies #16 (shirts required, please review rules)

Clean shaven and a new Berghaus for winter!

Happy sober Monday.

45 Likes

Looking good! Have you fully moved in now? You must have the opportunity for so many lovely walks.

I think I may need to invest finally in a good winter coat, but the prices and unknown (to me) brands have always scared me. Do you recommend Berghaus?

1 Like

It is. Ms. Monkey has 3 up already…

4 Likes

Nice booth!

2 Likes

happy day!

43 Likes

Day 4

48 Likes

Hey all -

Hope everyone is doing well. Thought I’d pop in for a hello.
Mom recently visited, took her on a surprise trip up to Las Vegas. I had never been, and she hadn’t been in 15 years or so.
Got us tickets to see Raiders vs Patriots, my first Raiders game ever, and first pro football game since the late 90s. Some of you older (American) football fans might know the name Jim Plunkett. Met him by mistake in a back hallway elevator, nobody else around. Didn’t want to bug him for a photo but we exchanged pleasantries. Pretty cool.

Vegas was cool but it is the antithesis of who I am! It is a place of indulgence, excess, and general over-the-top behavior. A bit much at times for this generally understated and discreet guy. Fun time nonetheless. Caesar’s Palace was great for some photos.

Good to see my Mom, it had been a year since her last visit to the desert. First time she has seen my house, first time she has met Ozzy since I adopted him. House feeling a bit empty now but I’ll adjust.

Still flying along in my program.

~5y 4/5m free of alcohol
~3m fully sober (weed, med abuse)

I’ll be 35 years old on Friday.

Take care

53 Likes

Before my time as a football fan, but know he was a Heisman winner, and won a few Superbowls. Definitely a cool story you can tell now.
And Happy early Birthday. :v: Glad you’re doing good

4 Likes

Yeah all moved in and slowly fixing my hip injury so I can walk and run more.

Starting to feel a little more settled.

I’ve always found Berghaus reliable. I got my jacket for under £90 on Amazon. The key is to find the product, click into it and find the colour that’s on offer, if it is. Keep checking back. On Amazon I save products into my own shopping lists and look occasionally to see if the price has dropped.

Anyway, I’d also recommend Montane, Rab, Patagonia, North Face and Columbia too.

Most of their sites offer join our mailing list discounts on first purchases. You just unsubscribe after you get the discount code.

If you go to North Face’s site they sometimes have member only deals too. I’m signed up as a member. It costs nothing to be an XPLR Pass Member and I just got 30% off something I knew I wanted, but not at full price. They do an annual birthday discount too.

So, be patient, keep looking and wait for a deal or acceptable price to come your way. :+1::+1::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:.

Play the game to get the best price!!

5 Likes

This is awesome, thanks so much. I never did buy the England shell suit tracksuit so have money to spend :wink:

I am glad you are all moved in, must have been stressful. Hope you recover quickly :pray:

4 Likes

Thank you!! (:

2 Likes

Day 400 AF

On the grind full time!

50 Likes

Me without a bashed up bruised up face :grin:

64 Likes

Beautiful!! So lovely to see you and that smile is priceless :heart:

2 Likes

Good for you girl!
Sobriety looks sooo much better on ya.
I’m glad your here.
:pray:t2::heart::people_hugging:

2 Likes

Way to go Travis – 400 days is amazing! :muscle: :clap: :muscle:

1 Like

Thanks sober Peeps. You all played a part in my healing … I won’t let you down and I want “fall” ever again. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

It’s not just the bruises resolving, it’s that light in your eyes that is the biggest difference!

5 Likes

Happy birthday, T!

2 Likes

And the genuine smile, @Chuckie22!

Sobriety looks simply stunning on you.

Grateful for your presence here. Especially on our Gratidude thread. :wink:
Onward, friend. :orange_heart:

6 Likes