Sober Selfies #17 (shirts required, please review rules)

Lol. I read: “Cheers mom” on your sweater :see_no_evil: Luckily those days are over.

2 Likes

Congratulations on 3 months sober Davina :muscle:

2 Likes

8 months and 3 days, or 247 days…I plan on continuing this journey 24/7, ODAAT :blush:
First ever girlie holiday abroad, high on life and life only :v:
Last two pictures are not technically selfies but I thought of you @Dazercat and @TMAC when visiting the jardin de cactus here :cactus:

43 Likes

Wonderful job at 90 days!! @Davina_Davis

3 Likes

Some of the biggest cacti I saw were in SoCa. It was crazy!

3 Likes

Them’s some big ol’ barrel cactus!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m journaling, reading, walking, bringing my own na drinks with me to get togethers. I’m attending SMART recovery meetings online and in person. And I’m in therapy. It’s a process, but I am so grateful for the support I get here :people_hugging:

7 Likes

Looking great Kiki. Congratulations on your 8+ months.
Glad you are enjoying your girl trip :people_hugging::heart:

2 Likes

Awesome. Very inspiring! :star:

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I don’t normally take selfies or upload them to the internet however I decided today I would.

This is me after 8½ hours sleep last night, 2 litres of water, a 10 hour shift as a waitress & (not forgetting) 90 days of sobriety. People in work kept telling me how tired I looked today :flushed::laughing: nope! Not tired, this is just how my face looks.

My DOC was white wine & cigarettes. Quit both on the same day. Could not be happier of that decision even if it was several years & hundreds of failed attempts to get there. I feel this time it’s going to stick :nerd_face:

Celebrating tonight with a giant pizza, soft drinks & snacks.

41 Likes

Congrats on the 90 days!! :raised_hands::clap::tada:
Around the three months sober mark I mostly noticed my skin wasn’t as dry anymore.
I don’t know how old you are but I would look deceased after a 10 hour shift, I think you look fresh! Your eyes are bright and shiny :muscle:

4 Likes

180 days my Sober Peep’s. I’m out of my slump and ready to keep on keeping on :grin:

44 Likes

Love your style :ok_hand::dress::hibiscus:
Enjoy your holiday!

1 Like

What a beautiful smile, congrats on the 180 days! I would be so proud of myself :star_struck::raised_hands::tada:

1 Like

@Naomi thank you so much, I’m so happy to have got this far. I’m 47, I have felt like I’m about 97 for the longest time but now that I’m getting real sleep I actually have a good lot of energy these days :grin:

1 Like

Congratulations on 90 days! Quitting both on the same day is a double whammy :raised_hands::muscle:

3 Likes

180 days!!! Congratulations :partying_face: way to keep on keeping on :clap:

2 Likes

Really?? I thought you would be def under 40, I’m not lying.
It’s a difference of night and day without booze and with proper sleep right. I think especially as we get a bit older (I’m 45) we really need to take care of ourselves to function, sometimes even on the most minimal level :sweat_smile:
I’m happy for you!

2 Likes

Thank you Steve, I tried quitting both separately & that didn’t work. This time I quit both & honestly withdrawal from alcohol was pretty bad & barely noticed the lack of cigs (feel like I was given a huge break) :grin:

2 Likes

Just wanted to share my first day sober versus almost nine months in. Thank you to everyone at ST for your kindness and support. :sob::heartbeat:

Day One:

Day 266:

50 Likes