Sober Selfies #18 (NO swimwear, shirts required, please review rules)

Day 20… Got the house to myself & feeling awesome!

44 Likes

And that just so happens to be one of my favorite actresses!
It’s Barbara Steele from the poster art for Mario Bava’s 1960 film Black Sunday–very cool!

1 Like

Day 1249
Sober post downpour selfie.

46 Likes

1 year sober selfie. Black and white because I don’t think the colours in the painting suit my colour palette :joy:

66 Likes

hey awesome friends - woke up to my 268th day sober! life has been so challenging lately - experiencing financial and housing insecurity (i have 3 weeks to find a new place for me and my 2-year-old to live, AND need at least 1-2 additional jobs to support this) - also my child’s father was arrested for domestic abuse out in Iowa! it’s been really scary and so sad to continue to have to mourn this man and what our family could have been……

but guess what. i haven’t picked up. the things i’m going thru right now are so much more intense than the things that used to “make me drink” when i was drinking….this just shows me how strong i am, and i know there’s an even greater depth to my strength that is yet to be revealed. for me right now is the season for learning about that inner strength - it is required to make this life happen for me and my precious son!! and to move from survival to thriving!!

34 Likes

Sober outdoor yoga selfie

56 Likes

Yeah Delia!!! Love ve the pic and love that we are celebrating your 1 year today! :confetti_ball::tada::tada:
Keep working your recovery and stacking up the days :muscle:t4::hugs:
keep-it-simple-expect-miracles

3 Likes

I am sorry you have so much going on Julia. It is a lot to deal with and if course overwhelming. Grateful that you are staying sober and keeping a clear head. Hoping that things get easier for you soon. Big hugs🫂

I love this! And so very true. You are a pillar of strength and it shows. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

3 Likes

Oh I love it Mischa…glad to see you outside working on your yoga :heart:

1 Like

106 days AF
Off to the pool and sauna :relieved:

51 Likes

…a year sober really suits you, and I’m sure all those colours would too. :hugs:x

3 Likes

Smiling but totally full of cold!

47 Likes

Sending all the best to you Julia. The strength you had be right now will pull you through. :heart:

2 Likes

Good for you Julia. It’s hard and heartbreaking at times to see threads of family and humanity fraying and splitting, when behaviours and choices of important folks don’t match what they could be. You are not alone. You belong; you are a great person and a great mama bear.

Some things are crucibles to burn out impurities. What happens is your heart comes out stronger and even more resilient on the other side, like gold, purified through heat. This path is a forge that tempers the steel of your soul.

I know mama bear will find what she needs for her and her cub. I am sure of it.

2 Likes

Delia, you are an inspiration, know that. Thank you for sticking to your higher self for a whole year!

3 Likes

@JazzyS @Tragicfarinelli @Soberbilly @Matt
i truly appreciate y’all’s kind words of support and encouragement. it really means a lot to me :heart:

also! i forgot to add a selfie to that last message :joy: here we are 🫶🏽

43 Likes

Lotsa sparkle in those sober shining eyes! Well done, you! Huge congrats. :orange_heart:

Am looking forward to another year of your delightful artistic and culinary creations…! :art: :pizza: :smile:

1 Like

56 Likes

It’s so kind of you to say that Dan. Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

You can only control your actions and be responsible for you and the little one. Keep going. Things often feel better once you pass through the eye of the storm. And at least you are sober. That’s a big plus. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like