Sober Selfies #6 (shirts required please)

If you don’t mind can I ask what time zone you are in… Bc I have 3 meetings a week for people who are serious about recovery.

1 Like

The habit of it is very hard to break, and it was the toughest part for me at the start, but that does get easier with time. Waking up hangover-free and refreshed is one of the greatest and most immediate gifts we get from making the right decision! I love the mornings now. I just got back from a run and now doing a short yoga session I like to do to stretch right after. Never would have done that in my old life…well, not this early at least, and I would’ve been far less motivated.

4 Likes

Google AA meetings online, and you can include any other hints, like a city or a language. There is no official list and meetings are popping up and dropping off (usually returning to 100% live in person) all the time.

3 Likes

Thanks! Last night we were super busy and broke our sales record thus far. :icecream::ice_cream::yum:. Busy day ahead :blush::sunny:

3 Likes

hell yeah, I never get bored of waking up sober and 999 less worries before I get out of bed. I never used an alarm clock when I was drinking bc I was always woken up by the Bells of Doom ringing in my head.

3 Likes

I certainly don’t miss being smacked in the face by guilt and dread as soon as my eyes popped open! That was my main reason for stopping…the ol’ “hangxiety”. Used to get that big time for 2-3 days after a drinking session.

5 Likes

your arms are bigger than my legs :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haha, I still fit in my dress of high school graduation in 2000

And from PhD graduation in 2014

Now I am stuck in the second dress :crazy_face:

33 Likes
  1. Get it :muscle:

Im in México, so for me now is 8:39 am…

2 Likes

Got new Hair.

50 Likes

I went to take a walk with my dogs and now Im at the gym… I wont believe it if some one told me that I will be here in a Saturday!

3 Likes

Congrats :tada:!!!

1 Like

Omg I love the red dress… Looks amazing on u!

1 Like

This is all so fantastic. Way to be! The benefits of sobriety are raining down on you!

1 Like

33 Likes

And the crocks just complete the look!
:grin:

Ahh, that reminds me of a Congress in Japan. I wore a dress and my PhD supervisor was like really, Franzi wearing a dress. Buttttt nooo, sneakers of course. :joy:

3 Likes

Waiting in the car while the Wifey is gettin her nails did :grinning:. Listening to book 2 of Game of Thrones.
Life is good
Day 1342

34 Likes

Good hubby! Still a nasty scar… tough guy!:sweat_smile:

2 Likes