Sober Selfies #6 (shirts required please)

It’s a really fun thread. Check it out

1 Like

9 months sober today… I am so grateful to have made it this far…I am trying to appreciate the small things in life, especially with everything going on in the world. Keep staying positive and move forward :heart::v:

44 Likes

Congrats!!! That is huge!

1 Like

Woohoo! I am happy you are continuing your journey, do not be critical or judge your relapse harshly…be kind to yourself. Learn from it, move on and celebrate each sober moment, not just days or weeks.

1 Like

PM if you’d like to talk. Remember you’re not alone.

Beautiful fun family day. Except for the host, who I care deeply for. I knew after the first glass to start the day, of course no food yet. Then going to the store for more wine. I could only watch helplessly. But also realizing i was there n we shared many days n nights together over the years drinking partying. At that point there is no talking. I just did what I could to keep everyone happy n entertained especially the young one’s. Sad part watching her young teenage sons n the disappointment n embarrassment. But found out its now a daily occurrence. Again, remembering myself there thinking I was just having fun…life of the party. I Didn’t reach out today, knowing she was hung over. But will be reaching out tomorrow n being there n hopefully help her find her way out n a way to believe in herself n her strength
Good thing is I can speak bluntly to her, we always had that relationship. She’s seen me at my lowest n never gave up on me, n was happy when I turned my life around…Now I will be there for her, but knowing, she has to want it n make the choice. By the way. The picture is me , my awesome daughter in law n my grandkids.:heavy_heart_exclamation:

26 Likes

That will be a tough conversation to have but you are doing the right thing by having it. Lovely picture by the way. :blush:

4 Likes

Woohoo!! Happy 9 months! :tada: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Notice your smiling on every post you put up. Something’s working love, keep up the good work and keep smiling x

1 Like

Congratulations to you :clap: love, you must be feeling so proud and so good inside and out x

1 Like

Thank you. They are a big part of my daily inspiration. N yes, tough conversation ,but needs to be done . Have to be tactful n not judgemental. Don’t want her to shut me out.

1 Like

I just laughed out loud. :joy:

1 Like

Congratulations on your nine months :clap: That’s excellent!!!
:pray:t2::heart::christmas_tree:

2 Likes

@Salty @Mickymo @Dazercat thank you!! :blush::revolving_hearts:

1 Like

That is one infectious smile! Love it!

2 Likes

Love bowling. Started with league candle pin as a kid, now I’ll roll a few strings of ten pin when I can.

1 Like

com.google.android.apps.photos.Image

Wish I had the confidence to post a selfie, just not a nice thought. Well in my head anyway :face_vomiting:

18 months the days getting gray so am i
When i get old ill try to look good :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Really I started when I quit drinking and got out of rehab the 1st time and it helped me clear my mind I know bowl on leagues it’s fun for me.