Sober September 2024 Check in

Im in too, 3 days down! Let’s go!

6 Likes

Hey y’all.

Day 3 of Sober September. Just checking how y’all are doing.

I’m Day 3 of my sobriety journey and I ain’t gonna lie, it ain’t easy but I’m determined to do this.

Anyway hope y’all are doing well in your Sober September sobriety.

Cheers
:v:t2:

Continuing the discussion from Sober September:

15 Likes

That’s awesome! Those 24hrs stack up quick. This is a great little community to get a lot of insight. Congrats

2 Likes

Also day 3. Doing ok tbf.
Went to an alcohol support charity and they have booked me in for a liver scan.
I am noooooot looking forward to that!

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 3 day milestone. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2:everything is good with the liver. Let us know the outcome. :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement. I love that my sobriety ticker tocks upwards. :v:t2:

1 Like

Finishing up day 2, started a day late. Feeling good. I committed to this with my best friend, my hope is that I can keep going past September :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I started 2 days late so im finishing day 1… better late than never! Look forward to wakimg up tomorrow feeling better than today.

5 Likes

Go on Billy let’s crack this.

I started a few days before September and I am happy to say that I am still sober. Days are racking up. ONE DAY AT A TIME

6 Likes

I’m in! My last setback was 8/30.

4 Likes

I drank yesterday and last night (9/3) so I’m late to the party (story of my life), but if it’s OK, I’m in. I logged in today because I know I’m at a point where I’m going to start doing serious damage if I don’t do something.

Edit: Well, I shit the bed. Drank on 9/7 and 9/9.

8 Likes

Hi, my last was on 23. of august, so the same time as you. I am determined to continue this sober path, because I feel muuuch more phisically and emotionally better than ever before🥳

7 Likes

Welcome to the community and great job on starting with your day 1 today! Let’s attack the next 24 hours together :muscle:t4:… Stay connected - reach out here if need be.

Keeping busy is key so you don’t allow the urges to settle in. One moment at a time!

3 Likes

I am in, as long as there is no ‘party’ reward when September ends (check the Green Day reference!) and it automatically rolls over into October and beyond :nerd_face:

@ASP - how was your liver scan? :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Thanks for asking, now it’s not until the 24th Sept . I put it back to give myself time to heal… not sure if that was wise but I think I’m in denial about the damage I might have done to my health.

1 Like

Start coloring in your sober days if ya want beginning in Sept

7 Likes

Love it Nick! I’m totally gonna be doing this :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Adam, I understand all too well the denial and shame that got you to postpone your liver scan. When I was admitted to hospital with acute alcoholic hepatitis, I felt exactly the same to the point where I was masking my drinking habits from the doctors. One of them visited me in the evening hours and explained that, to them, alcoholism is a disease just like any other and they do not judge or stigmatize. That really helped me open up.
Please, please have your (liver) health checked out asap, an unhealthy liver has wider ramifications on our bodies and medication can help jump start recovery.

3 Likes

I love this. It will keep me busy.

Thank you, that’s really helpful to hear.

1 Like