Sober streak

In 24 hours I’ll go 24.5 days sober, which will be my second longest streak ever, and I’ll turn my attention to catching and passing my longest sober streak which is 103 days.
Feeling positive.
One step at a time, one day at a time.

14 Likes

ODAAT young Padowan

3 Likes

I vote that we use this for all newbies!!!

1 Like

Tomorrow will be day 60 for me. For the first time in 22 years I no longer have open access to sex. I’ve never tried to go without before now. The longest I’ve went without masturbation was maybe 2-3 weeks and that was because of a hysterectomy. I’m heading to a meeting within the hour. Your post is appreciated.

3 Likes

It’s amazing how you realise that you don’t actually need it like you thought you did. When I was with my GF I (unfairly) expected sex multiple times a week, and would masturbate (a lot) when I didn’t get it.
Now I’m going sober it isn’t playing on my mind all the time like it used to, and going 20+ days doesn’t seem like a huge deal.

I’m on Trintellix and it has definitely helped me with lowering the amount of time I spent on sexual thoughts. I’m not sure where I’d be without it. BUT that worries me because I feel like I’ll need to be on it for life then. I don’t like taking meds and I forget easily. I can tell when I’ve missed too many.

What’s a Padowan? Am I one of them :smirk:

Oh dear…you are not a Star Wars geek. In the movie Star wars, when a Jedi is training someone to become a Jedi…the person being trained is called a padowan.

2 Likes

Oh no I am definitely not one …I’ve never watched, a trek a wars or a Dr who I’ve also never watched a James Bond film …people always tell me I’m in the minority about that one! I did watch Batteries not included when I was a child and ET Both made me savagely cry lol

2 Likes

@Thirdmonkey …I definitely need a Jedi tho

1 Like

This place is full of those. Just keep being active here…you will find your tribe amongst us.

1 Like

We all have our passion, truth be told…if you never watch those…you life isnt missing anything…I will be a big enough Star wars geek for the both of us!

2 Likes