Sober Time now supports Portuguese and Spanish

Hey everyone,

As the title says, Sober Time now supports Portuguese and Spanish. If your device is set to either of these languages, the app will auto-detect it and show the app in that language. You can change your preference by going to Menu > Settings > Language. So you could have an English device with a Spanish Sober Time if you want.

I’m excited to add more languages! Next up is German and French. After that, I’m open to suggestions.

I also updated the support system to make it easier to upload diagnostics for those who need help. You can check a checkbox in the support email dialog and it will upload the diagnostics and automatically include the code in the email you send.

Robin

25 Likes

I’ve seen a few Arabic speakers now and again; it’s tough to know exactly how many though because at least with me they’re interacting in English - but I had the feeling that the experience would be a bit smoother for them in Arabic (which means I need to work on learning Arabic maybe? :innocent: but I bet having an Arabic option would help)

4 Likes

Good old Scottish. Ya KEN wit i Meen son

6 Likes

Some apps have auto translate. So everyone can type in their own native language, and it be translated to the language that each person device is set to. Is that difficult to code?

Yes i understand Ray lol

1 Like

Yes, that would be tricky, but I also don’t really want auto-translate in Sober Time. It lowers the quality, and I can imagine a sensitive sentence translated incorrectly here could be problematic.

2 Likes

It adds a bit of trickery, as Arabaic is right-to-left. I am not sure how popular Sober Time would be in Arabic countries, as many of these countries don’t have easy access to alcohol/drugs/etc. They might actually need the support more, since it will be more stigmatized.

I looked at countries that are downloading Sober Time, but in another language to pick these top 4.

4 Likes

That’s fair. And you’re right. Sometimes things get translated weird. It would be problematic if the user was trying to offer support and inadvertently insulted someone

dont have that app i use my pc for this site

1 Like