Sober Time's data not showing

Hello everyone,

There is a display bug in the latest version of Sober Time Android that’s causing the app to appear empty. Your data is still there, but it’s just not loading correctly. I’ve published an update to fix this to Google Play. It should be available in the next few hours. Please update your app when you have a chance.

Robin

15 Likes

I’m new to this app and I’m assuming I won’t have to update it? Still trying to figure it out

It doesn’t affect everyone, so if your app is functioning normally then you could just leave it alone. Google Play will automatically update your app.

1 Like

Just now I opened the app and everything was gone. I have premium though, so…

Reloading my most recent cloud back up was still blank. Reloading then my last manual backup slot (December) did work.

I think mine is up to date? No update was available from app store.

Looks like we are all back to day 1!

3 Likes

The bug only affects those with custom milestones, so perhaps your old backup didn’t have one and your new ones do. The update is pending approval on Google Play, so we need to wait for Google to approve it before it becomes available.

1 Like

My info is still showing blank, the app last updated on September 24th. Is there anything I can do? I should be showing 808 days sober.

My android app this morning says it’s been updated October 5th. But only one timer is showing. The second isn’t. It won’t let me save a second one either.

I’m still waiting on Google to publish the update. It usually only takes an hour or two, but it’s taking longer this time. In the meanwhile, please be patient and wait. Don’t try to reinstall the app or change any settings.

2 Likes

Ok thank you! I did try to add a new “testing addiction” which it didn’t work either. But will my original one from 2019 still be available once everything is approved and updated?

Yes. You have just been adding more addictions, which will all show in the list. You can remove these ones when the display bug is fixed.

Update: the new version of Sober Time is now live and it should be available worldwide. The version is 4.0.42 - if you’re on anything else please update to resolve the issue.

4 Likes

Thank you! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Updated my app in Google and all my info is back! Thanks Robin!

1 Like

Congratulations on getting all of your sobriety back!

1 Like

I was quite pleased!! Lol :laughing: I was trying to figure out how I had screwed up my counter b4 I thought, oh hey, I should email Robin and ask about this!!

2 Likes

Thank you Jesus my timer is back! I wasnt worried about my alcohol timer, that is cemented into my brain. I was using it to track Ms. Monkey and mine milestones. All of the firsts we shared. She thinks I have a really good memory…I would have been screwed if it didnt come back!

Thank you Robin!

5 Likes

Yay! I updated and all my info came back too.

Thanks Robin!!!

3 Likes

Thanks so much for letting us know