Sober Trend: New Sober Clothing Store

Hey, everyone.

We’ve been really busy here, but today I am super excited to show you what we’ve been working on:

Sober Trend is a brand new clothing shop where you can buy sober branded clothing pieces. We have a range of t-shirts, hoodies and tank tops in different colors and styles.

Here’s a pic of our Sober & Proud shirt in white. It’s one of my favorites :smiley:

If you’re interested in getting one of these, or you just want to check it out and do some window shopping, head over to https://sobertrend.com

10 Likes

This is a great idea. I already have two shirts in my cart. What a great way to break the ice or meet new people. Awesome

1 Like

I honestly can’t imagine ever wearing something like this. I’m just not there yet.

Kudos to anyone who would feel comfortable sporting this.

2 Likes

One day!! That’s a great idea. I just don’t consider myself sober enough.

These are great and I like the ‘one day at a time’ logo shirt. But chicken noises its still to early for me :laughing: Hopefully I’ll be there soon.

2 Likes

It’s a bold statement, but it’s also freeing. I see this quite a lot. People are ashamed of their recovery. It’s understandable, but I wish it was not the case. It’s part of the reason that Sober Trend was born: to show the world that addiction recovery is a good thing.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t wear these clothes, not because I’m ashamed of my recovery…it’s because I don’t want to brag (ego) and because my sobriety is personal. (spiritual growth) I’d prefer to choose who I share it and discuss it with. I’d prefer to wear a symbol that other sober know what it means rather than a shirt that’s says “look at me, I’m SOBER”

7 Likes

Agreed. @Melrm I like your answer better.

1 Like

I’m very much on the fence about all of this.

1 Like

I do think its a Great idea. Everyone do have an opinion on this subject, which to me is totally fine. I would wear something like this. By that im not Brag. For me its a statement.

1 Like

I actually like the “Keep calm and stay sober” shirt, but it’s more I like that line of Keep Calm shirts. You’d think there would be a copyright on that.

1 Like

I got the “hangover free” and “one day at a time” those seemed the most subtle. And mostly alcoholics and addicts would only get that. There’s no way I would get sober and proud. Lol that would be outright bragging and bringing uneeded attention to myself. Haha

3 Likes

The "Keep Calm and … " slogan is in the public domain, so anyone is allowed to make products using those lines.

1 Like

Yeah :slight_smile: Some are pretty bold and others are more subtle. The “growing stronger everyday” is another example of a subtle one. People won’t really know what it means (maybe you’re working out?), but you’ll know.

4 Likes

I shattered my back in 2011,after anesthesia wore off & surgeon came in told me not sure I was ever going to walk again, grit my teeth told myself one day at a time. After 1 week grabbed a walker someone left in the hall 2 weeks later walking to nurses station. The mind decides what we can or can’t do! Love that T-shirt

1 Like

I’m not going to write a novel, but after leaving hospitals they had me on strong doses of oxis,like a lot of us. Plus picked up my drinking to 30pks regularly. So that phrase is working now. 112 days straight

I love the one day at at a time ones they can stand for everything :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

A close friend of mine went through something very similar. She shattered her spine and had three back operations done - also with no guarantee that she would ever be able to walk again. Today she’s recovered and living a completely normal and healthy life.

Luckily for her she did not get addicted to any of the painkillers they gave her, but it could have easily happened. The “One day at a time” and “Growing stronger every day” ones were actually inspired in part by her struggle :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you Robin, I’ve always been told I was stubborn. I left out that I developed cancer 2½years later,I got used to the fight. But staying sober ranks right up there. Stay strong & take it one day at a time! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like