Sober without god. An atheist / agnostic / humanist thread. Please be respectful!

Yes, the best one :metal:t2::wink:

3 Likes

No but i respect athiests and agnostics because 1 you all could very well be on to something that even myself fears of accepting

1. I know smart recovery helped me in harm reduction before i took on full on abstinence

2. All people need to be heard and have there narrative respected

5 Likes

Well, welcome. Your experience with non AA and non religious based modalities could definitely be helpful for others. I don’t want to assume but it sounds like SMART had worked for you?

1 Like

So far it has yes that and i decided indont want to die of fentanyl overdose nor do i want to be using drano when i get 60

3 Likes

i-am-driven-by-two-main-philosophies-neil-degrasse-tyson-quote-literature-typography-print-black-studio-grafiikka

12 Likes

Hey everyone… I’ve been not so great and really wanted to stay away from here but I think that ultimately made things worse… I have not been in a good headspace and I am back at day 1…. I didn’t know how much this community meant to me and when I deactivated my account I was mad, hurt and wanted to shut everything and everyone out… I hate that I do that and I want to still keep my place here with you all if you would allow me :black_heart:

22 Likes

Aw I’m sorry that happened chica. I’m glad you’re back, though. If there’s something specific we can support you with let us know. Coming back here and being straight and honest is a great start. Hugs.

7 Likes

If I could hug through the screen I would. Thank you @RosaCanDo

5 Likes

It’s a very lonely feeling. I really needed my people :black_heart: thank you @Lorelai

7 Likes

It happens. A lot. So glad you are back. :heart:

5 Likes

Here for you! You were missed, people were asking. Reach out when you’re struggling and find a lesson in this experience. There is most certainly one or several lessons there.

6 Likes

Literally can’t control the tears … thank you so much :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

Welcome back !!!

You were missed!

6 Likes

You have no idea how much I have missed you guys :sob: I need this community more than I thought :black_heart::black_heart:

7 Likes

I will most likely just post here because I’m really only comfortable here on this thread rn. I want to be with my people and keep it like that for awhile I think.

12 Likes

That’s smart. Keep yourself safe, chica.

5 Likes

:black_heart::black_heart::black_heart: most definitely

3 Likes

Since I’m just now catching up with this thread and finally feel well enough to engage, this might be a little scattered…

@anon59754122 Welcome back. I don’t know all the reasons you left, but since there was a lot of discussion on forum interactions, I’m guessing it had to do with that. People here come and go; and, like others have mentioned, the feel of the community shifts and changes over time. I personally stepped away for quite some time after the 2020 US elections. It wasn’t the difference in opinions, but rather the unmistakable hate people had for each other that oozed into some interactions and certain threads.

You will probably feel like walking away again at some point. Do it if you need. Just step away and your account will be waiting when you return. Eventually you won’t need this forum to stay clean, but you may find that you make connections here that give you a place to simply be.

@Pat_m I wish I could express anything in French beyond “thank you”. :laughing: Your English is excellent.

Now, I really want to ask people here this thing that has been on my mind: What does it mean to you to be atheist or agnostic?

Just like religion is quite varied in the details, I feel like there are different ways people view being atheist or agnostic, partially because there can be some difference in what people think of as “God”.

9 Likes

Makes sense to me.

Advanced aliens = gods (with a little g), in my view. (I actually think what religions worship as “God” is actually a “god”)

So you reject the existence of the standard religious view of what “God” is. Does this include a “higher power” in that there is some force in the universe that is a creative force on a cosmic scale as well (which would be more like “God” with a big G but not the religious, human personification of this force that religion focuses on)?

1 Like

Welcome back @anon59754122 :wave: :innocent: You were missed :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes