Sober without god. An atheist / agnostic / humanist thread. Please be respectful!

Wonderfully put, my friend. Thanks for sharing this.

2 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

This bends my brain. In a good way. :clap:t3:

6 Likes

Happy World Humanist Day all!

10 Likes

13 Likes

6 Likes

Though I’ve already posted here, but maybe I was long gone when this thread started.

I’ve stated it before and I’m doing it again, The surrender to a higher power idea,is the main reason I’m not going to AA or NA.

I’m not going to surrender to anything. That’s not my idea on how to do this. I’m a warrior, and I’ll keep on fighting.

Like some of y’all already now l, I was raised in a pentecostal church cult. I’ve had my fair share of God and religious trauma from that. And God is one of the main reason I started to abuse anything at all in the first place. I’m not going back to anything similar, ever.

Won’t deny Gods existence either, because I don’t know that for sure.

So I’m no atheist, I’ll just say I’m an eclectic magical being that makes my own rules. (Except for the obvious society rules about doing no harm)

Well this got, complicated and yet I tried to keep it simple.

Point is, I’m glad to be here, I’m glad that y’all are here and that we’re having this conversation. Because there’s so many ways to do this. And there’s most definitely a way without any kind of God, or without a higher power.

5 Likes

Oh my goodness! It’s so good to see you on here, my friend! Hope you’re doing well.

2 Likes

Thank you. I am doing well, especially now when I’m back here with y’all. Hope you’re all good as well. :smiling_face::blush:

3 Likes

I’ll put this here since I’m not sure where else it fits.

12 Likes

Thank you so much for starting this thread! I really do appreciate it! A lot of people work their god into their sobriety, and as an atheist it gets annoying. I feel that you don’t need a higher power to get clean. Yes, you need help, but it doesn’t have to be a “higher power.” I think I’ll be posting a lot on here :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I absolutely love this quote. Thank you so much for sharing!

4 Likes

She has a great Instagram account. Her book really helped me.

5 Likes

I’ll have to check out her Instagram account.

1 Like

I follow her on FB, her book was one that really helped and stuck with me. Another book that helped me is Quit Like A Woman.

5 Likes

It’s nice to see this thread thriving.
We are here, and we are doing this sober thing together with our peers.
We can do all things through love, and community, which strengthens us :smiling_face:

6 Likes

FB_IMG_1689290147399

9 Likes

This is a good article about someone who found recovery without a higher power.

https://recovery.org/heres-how-i-found-recovery-without-god-and-the-12-steps/

4 Likes

12 posts were merged into an existing topic: Premium Changes (Feedback Thread)