Sobriety books

So I’m about 3/4 of the way through This Naked Mind by Annie Grace. Pretty decent book, I’m not a huge reader but I’m gonna try and make like an hour a day for it.
Anybody have any other good sobriety book recommendations?

5 Likes

I am a big reader and spent quite a few years reading sobriety memoirs. Here is a list I compiled of some I have read…

5 Likes

The only book i read is the Big book it was the only one when i got sober ,and havnt found any book today written by someone longer sober than me ? but if it helps with peoples recovery by all means give it a read wish you well

5 Likes

Lots of newer literature with their spin on this very old & unchanging disease, I feel. With that, the Big Book of AA is my go to also. Straightforward text, with a simple program for this simple alcoholic. I really don’t need to overthink this, too many people before me have let their educated mind talk them into having a drink.

3 Likes

Alan carr’s easy way to stop drinking is decent.

2 Likes

I liked Recovery by Russel Brand. He takes you through his steps and talks a lot about the emotions behind his use.

2 Likes

Recovery Dharma…i have read a lot. For me, it was the most impactful

2 Likes

A second vote for Recovery. Its kind of like guided AA 12 steps.

I find Brand awful nowadays but if there is one thing he knows, its addiction.

1 Like

This looks v interesting. Would you say you need a strong knowledge of bhuddism for this book?

2 Likes

I had very little knowledge of it.

I think he is fairly awful throughout that book. A very unsympathetic hero. Which might be why I liked the book so much.

Hahah yes fair point, but he definitely knew what he was talking about

1 Like

Great ill check it out then!

1 Like