Sobriety during the coronavirus shutdown

Approaching 10 months but haven’t been active in any program for several months. Staying busy is a big part of my success.

Anyone struggling with urges during the Covid shutdown? It’s not so much the urge to drink though I miss that powerful feeling with the first couple drinks. As Billy Joel puts perfectly, “to forget about life for awhile.”

Finding things to do at home helps. Yesterday I organized the bandaid drawer-Ha ha! Hope you are all doing well :green_heart:

6 Likes

congrats on 10 months, thats great! billy joel also says “the good ol days weren’t always good, and tomorrow ain’t as bad as it seems” :slight_smile:

7 Likes

The shutdown is making it different for sure. I am doing virtual meetings which is helping me stick with sobriety. Do you think reconnecting with some people might help?

Online meeting resources

2 Likes

My favorite Billy Joel song quote is “stay with me baby I have plans for you”. I like to think by getting sober life has plans for me.
Hang in there. This to shall pass.
Stay strong, healthy and sober.
Hugs

1 Like

Yay for 10 months! I’m approaching 8 and I’ve definitely had some cravings during the past 3 weeks. I’ve let myself buy other drinks when I do my grocery trips (juice, iced tea, lemonade, cold brew coffee, Sprite, etc) which are things that didn’t make my list before but are important right now. And absolutely, trying to stay busy and reminding myself why I quit are what’s shutting down the cravings. Be well :yellow_heart:

3 Likes