Sobriety is now a choice

My name is Dakota and I am an alcoholic.

Creeping up to 5 months sober

In the beginning, I NEEDED to get sober. The chaos that came with drinking had to end.

I just realized it’s now a choice. I am consciously deciding to stay sober because I WANT to.

Anybody who’s struggling, I promise you it’s worth the fight. If you are under the impression that you think clearly and feel better phsyically after abstaining for a few days, wait un till you go weeks or months. I think sobriety is a gift that keeps giving.

Alcohol is a poison, it doesn’t just destroy your mind, it destroys your entire body.

Have a great day :slight_smile:

23 Likes

Thanks that help me this morning. Just over 1 month, Riding the wave pretty good this time just can’t let my guard down. Have a great day

1 Like

This is awesome! I love that you said soberity is a choice! I want to choose life.

2 Likes

The last time I tried to get sober I felt like I had to and I had a bad attitude about it. This time I know it’s a choice even if it’s hard.

1 Like

This has been my Revelation over time too. I want a clear head, to be healthy, and to not endanger myself and lose entire days to hangover.

I’m not missing out on anything and I cannot moderate. Nor do I want to because I know that it never ends up well.

Proving that to myself has taken time.

2 Likes

Thanks for the encouragement! I guess I thought when I stop I will just magically feel better. Not the case after 15 days, but I’m pushing through one day at a time.

1 Like

1 day, 1 hour, 1 breath. Whatever it takes to hold on! 15 days is no small accomplishment. Keep going and keep breathing.

2 Likes