Sobriety joys

I’m new here and am really looking forward to finding people who understand the struggle of being a avid opiate user, I want to hear how people have struggled but ultimately came out victorious :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: please feel free to talk to me thank you

5 Likes

I have struggled with alcohol addiction for 10+ years. Had a shorter bout with cocain in my teenage years. Have not used opiates but am grateful to talk to anyone about addiction/recovery (or just chat) so feel free to reach out. There lots of people to connect with on this site, so I’m sure more will reach out. This place has been instrumental in my road to recovery.

2 Likes

Welcome Kelsey! If you don’t mind me asking, have you started your journey yet or are you looking for motivation to get started? In either case, I can relate and I’m here to support you.

I was addicted to opioids for over 10 years. The thought of withdrawal scared the crap out of me. I knew I couldn’t do it on my own so I went to a 10 day outpatient detox followed by a 12 week IOP. I also abused cocaine and alcohol. Happy to say I’m 2.5 years clean and sober and I can’t imagine going back to that life. I maintain my sobriety by coming to this forum daily and attending in person AA meetings weekly.

1 Like