💕 Sobriety#Newfriends #NotAlone #Recovery #EmotionalSupport #MentalHealth

My name is Emmi and I am 28 years old . I’ve struggled with heroin addiction for the past 12 years, I started at 16y.o and have recently got sober . My last date I got high on was JANUARY 19TH, 2023

I’ve worked soo hard to finally make it this far without using. I suffer from Ptsd, major depressive disorder anxiety . I was self-medicating myself to cope w/ all these different feelings / painful trauma I have been trying to block out. And using was the only thing that helped *;

Now I’m learning how to cope without using drug$ and feeling everything for the first time sober . I would be lying if I said this is one of the hardest things mentally physically an emotionally I’ve had to go through. I’m also verrrry anti-social so I literally have to deal w/ this ALONE ¡

But I finally found this discussion board so I’m hoping I can make some new friends who are just like me :two_hearts::black_heart: it would be really nice to be able to talk to you all bc we all understand each other ! :two_hearts:

Anyways if anyone would like to chat / have me as their new friend plzzs reach out to me :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts: Thankyouu

Xo - Emmi
:smiling_imp::purple_heart::black_heart::smiling_imp::purple_heart::black_heart:

#WeDoRecover sobriety Emotional Support
Life in Recovery love friends mental-health Emotional Support
Just for Fun #MYstory Life in Recovery

8 Likes

Welcome to Talking Sober Emmi! And huge congrats on making it this far on your sober journey. That’s a huge feat!

I hope you’ll find some support and companionship friend. Indeed your are among peers here. Take your time to have a good look around. Check out some of the more busy threads, like the daily check in one, the gratitude thread, the memes (if you’re into those). Or just browse around and comment on what you see. It’s a great place for giving and getting support, for gaining knowledge, for being among others who are in the know. There’s great strength in numbers and we do it together here. Welcome again, and wishing you all success and continued sobriety!

This might also be a useful thread:

2 Likes

Thank you :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Im new here as well, only 2 days and 7 hours clean from meth addiction for 14 years of my life since i was 12. Not consecutive i recently ruined a span of 6 years clean. Im never sober, i smoke weed in a legal state due to self medicating myself numb frombthe ptsd, phsycosis, mpd, attachment disorder whatever, tripolor. Im finally seeking help and getting better again. Your story hit like it was very similar to mine so i had to drop in and welcome you. It gets easier to seek help for our mental health. It may not heal it all but it sure helps.

2 Likes

Well if you ever need someone to talk to you can message me. I had over 17 months clean this time and then messed up in January so I had to start over AGAIN! sucks but we can do this together

1 Like