Sobriety/Recovery Affirmations for a deck of cards?

TL; DR: What are some of your favourite short affirmations for recovery?

BACKSTORY: I got a deck of affirmation cards at Pride this year. They’re just little thoughts, some directly related to being LGBT and some less so:
“I carry my experiences with me, and that’s okay.”
“My relationships do not have to look the way I have been taught relationships should look.”
"I do not have to be ‘healed’ to be in loving relationships."
And my personal favourite, “It’s okay that you started that fight at a family gathering.” :rofl:

It got me thinking that I want to create my own deck of affirmation cards, but relating to sobriety and recovery instead of LGBT pride. I’m not ~proud~ of being an alcoholic, but I want to get to the point where I’m proud of my recovery–or at least, I’m no more ashamed of being a recovering alcoholic than I am of being bisexual.

So what are some of everyone’s favourite affirmations? Having your ideas in my deck would be a nice way to carry this community’s support with me when I’m away from my phone/computer. Alternately, has anyone else ever made any physical reminders of their recovery like this? I’d love to see pics!

3 Likes

I love these. Especially the ones about a having a story instead of a secret, doing for myself what I want others to do from me, and how what other say comes from their story and not mine. This is brilliant stuff, thank you!

1 Like