Sobriety reminder jewelery or something

took me a while to find it again, but these are the ones that i was thinking about earlier: https://www.mantraband.com/collections/journey

There are many different ones, but includes “one day at a time”, “serenity, courage, wisdom”, “breathe”, etc etc. Was thinking about getting some as they might look cool as a bunch of bangles. But will stick to current plan to just find something meaningful in NYC this weekend, if possible!!

3 Likes

@Meggers - I tried to quote your story about your rings, but the same bug won’t let me tonight. I love this, though! I love that they grew to represent a promise to yourself.:heart:

I carry my current AA chip in my wallet. If I make one year, I may get myself a special little piece of jewelry- just as a visual reminder of all the hard work it takes and the folks who help me to stay sober every day.

2 Likes

I have a keychain I made in rehab

2 Likes

Bought for my wife after 60 days (first time around)

1 Like

I’ve carried shells from the sea and stones from the lake and AA coins. Not all at once of course! My current talisman is an AA medallion with a copy of the man on the bed on one side and this quote on the other “If you and I are going to stay sober, we had better get busy” from Dr. Bob.

I like something smooth that I can rub between thumb and forefinger. I’m a tactile guy!

4 Likes

There’s little rocks that say things like “Joy” and “serenity” and “hope”. They sell them at the gas station I go too. I have a friend in the program that carries around a “hope” one in her pocket. She says she is always rubbing it between her thumb and finger in her pocket😁

Like this?:wink:

1 Like

Bought myself a little golden angel pendant on my stop date. Wear it since. Promised myself I have to take it of if I relapse :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So, on the day I replied to this topic I went looking for some type of bracelet for myself. I always have a watch on my right wrist (even though I’m right handed) and a bracelet of some sort on my left. Well, the one I had been wearing lost all of the ink (one of those rubber ones). So i looked for a sobriety related one and came across a lady who hand makes sobriety bracelets. It come today!

I LOVE IT! That’s my sober birthday hand stamped on there! I love my rings, but this is something beautiful and intentional. And I go unisex as a standard.

So yeah, I’m excited! That is all.

9 Likes

Love it!!! Where did you find this lady?

I got a little pendant with the date I stopped drinking engraved on the reverse. It cost around £50, which is a lot for me as I don’t normally wear any jewelry. When I put it on I feel it’s part of me making a decision not to drink for the day and sometimes I find myself grasping it when I feel uncertain and want to remind myself how well I’m doing. When I’ve had alcohol dreams I’ve even found myself thinking “no! you can’t wear the pendant now!” I know how silly this sounds, but it has been good for me.

3 Likes

That’s how my rings have been. I play with them a lot. Now I have two things that I can play with!

1 Like

Hmm. I like the idea of a particular token or jewelery. :thinking:

These days I’ve got my 3 month chip, always in my back pocket. Don’t think I posted this one…

3 Likes

I just had a thought. I wear a set of dog tags everyday that I bought from some clothes shop a while back. Maybe ill have my sober date engraved :slight_smile: thanks for the inception!

5 Likes

That’s beautiful.

1 Like

Love this little angel. It’s beautiful.

1 Like

Thank you @happyfeet :heart:

I have one that says peace and another that says serenity…they are like worry stones I can rub when I’m anxious. I should get a collection of them so I can choose based on my current mood.