Sobriety time 🙏

Good morning sobriety world… so, the other day i reached my goal of 2 years sobriety! This is a big accomplishment for me. Ive come so far with my sobriety journey, Theres no turning back now. Ive been thru 2 hard relapses during my journey. Those relapes definitely had me taking a good hard look at what i want for myself. Instead of being homeless on my reservation, walking around with a backpack of clothes looking for a place to sleep, having killer hangovers and being to sick to eat, having to end up in the hospital, and family not having nothing to do with you, feeling alone, suicidal attempts, ive tried to kill myself multiple times, instead of all that along with the feeling lost,numb,cold,heartless,bitter,no love, the feeling of just not giving a f%*k! I choose to be sober… and to face challenges and get over fear, and do the hard work to become a healthy women, to live a healthy living style. Ive told myself everyday, “never give up” telling myself its going to be okay, when i go thru storms with lifes challenges.
I lost my father when i was 19, and i am now 40, my father was 38 years old when he passed, he died of alcohol and drug use. And for me to be the oldest of his kids. I was the who had to make the decision to let him go off the ventilation. One of the hardest thing i had to do in my life. I think of him very often. My father, before he got into his bad addiction he was a smart man, who was caring and made sure he took care of his family, i looked thru his things when he passed and i came to find out all his accomplishments he made when he was sober. I was like wow! My father was so awesome! I cried and thought why did he have to go the way he did. I looked at the man he was when he was sober, i thought to myself if he could do all these accomplishments so can i… i dedicate my soberity to my father! “This is for you dad” :heart::innocent: my next major goal… is 5 years sobriety! :pray:

20 Likes

That is a loving tribute to your father and his journey and your sobriety is a beautiful way to honor him and yourself. Congratulations on your 2 years and how hard you fought and continue to fight to heal your self. Thank you for sharing your story!! :heart::people_hugging::heart:

5 Likes

Thank you… :blush:

Congrats on 2 years @Joy4 one day at a time

2 Likes

@Joy4 Very moving story, you are so brave and inspirational :two_hearts:

Congratulations on your fabulous milestone :partying_face:

I am sending you encouragement and blessings from Australia :koala: :kangaroo:

Well done - I am at 6 weeks and 2 days lol, celebrating with you xxoo

2 Likes

AMAZING!!! Well done. You should be proud. I am proud of you!!

2 Likes

I’m in Australia too. Lol. I’m at 18 days and counting.

1 Like

@Aussie_Tiger :kangaroo: :koala: :australia: :sunny: :heart:

Massive congratulations crystal🎆

2 Likes

Thank you :blush:

Thank you :blush: and you will get there also, one day at a time… what matters is your sober today! Live in the moment :innocent:

2 Likes

Thank you :blush: keep moving forward!

Right on!
CONGRATULATIONS!

Two years is huge.
I reckon that second year is tougher than the first, then they get more relaxing and enjoyable.
Hope your peace, commitment and enjoyment continue to inspire.

2 Likes

Huge congratulations Joy! Thanks so much for sharing your story. So glad you changed your own narrative. Very happy for you. Onward and upward Lady!

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: and your absolutely right this year ive been through so much crap! Lol but i know its for the better. Still alot of consequences im working on, its a slow process but im still moving not giving up. :innocent:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:. I like the “dance for joy” :grin::blush:

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing some of your story, it’s powerful and shows the strength you have within you. I’m very happy for you and your 2 years sober, many congratulations! The inspiration and tribute to your father has a lot of meaning behind it. That’s a wonderful motivator to keep going on your path for a healthy and happy life. :heartpulse:

2 Likes

Thank you for that :blush:

2 Likes