Solutions Based

Perhaps then rather than a new structure, more guidelines and guidance, along with transparency about those would be helpful all around.

Also, it seems like Sassy is basically on her own these days. Wasn’t the point of adding two new mods so that the work would be spread between four, not reduced to one? It seems like far far too much for one person to handle. In other groups I am a member of, there might be like 4-8 mods in order to share the load, and that’s with far far fewer members.

13 Likes

Also a great idea. I think you would be an excellent judge as well.

6 Likes

I think though some of the options do not provide a text box, which I think would be helpful to add. Also perhaps making it compulsory to complete rather than optional.

2 Likes

Call me dense, but I never seem to know how to do that?

Does the flag still count as a strike if you dismiss, out of curiosity?

1 Like

I have zero control or command over any of that kind of thing. Any changes in the app, guidelines, anything, are, of course, up to Robin.

Yes. If I recall, only the ‘other’ option generated the ability to say why I was flagging something.

3 Likes

I like this idea.

4 Likes

+1 right here, no disrespect to our other mods. Perhaps more goes on behind the scenes.

3 Likes

Paging @Robin:slight_smile:

If a flag is ignored or disagreed with, it still shows as a flag. HOWEVER, we can review all the flags and deletions (if people delete their post) and see what it was. So short answer is there is a human review involved in looking at what the flags were for and whether they were valid issues.

1 Like

Yellow card, red card works pretty well on the football (soccer) pitch.
Maybe a yellow card get the FAQ Guidelines attached for homework? :wink:

1 Like

My first point in the first line.
Who would be considered a reasonable person. As has been proved today. What one person find ok another dislikes.

1 Like

I tend to agree there as well. There’s some things that a reasonable person may be fine with, yet a reasonable person in early sobriety would be offended by. Hell, in the legal system they literally have trials that are decided by juries on what a reasonable person standard is. This is why I think post-flag review is, or even a description by the flagger of what, exactly, is offensive about a post.

2 Likes

Goat, we all see you typing something up. I think your input would be greatly valued since you have seen a lot in your time here.

2 Likes

Maybe before you flag, you should be prompted to tell the person you are bothered/offended/hurt/angered by the post. I have never flagged anything/anyone. I have PM’d people my intention to. I explain why either I or other people may be offended and suggest they remove or change a post.

No one ever refused.

Intent means a great deal to me. Intending to rile people up, or cause a ruckus, irritates the hell out of me (and I don’t flag then, either.) It is not for me to be offended on someone else’s behalf.

2 Likes

I think im just not sensitive enough to anything to understand all the crying that goes on here. Since there is a mute thread and ignore person button, it really just seems like people wanting to argue with strangers. Its super easy to not see opinions you dont agree with.

6 Likes

This all day! Please do contact people directly. Sometimes I do this when things have been flagged or I find them offensive. Peop!e are generally pretty open to it.

1 Like

I can agree there. I’ve had plenty of PM’s both positive and negative. If someone takes the time to PM me I am almost always responsive.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen the flag thing, but it would be great to include the question, “Did you notify the member that you were unhappy about the post?”

Aren’t we all (almost all - couple of teenagers floating around) freaking adults? Communicate for the love!

1 Like