Something medical I forgot

So along with many other reasons such as entertainment and loneliness, I have used drinking to calm my times with anxiety. I rarely tell people that I have been in the mental ward before for psychotic breaks during long periods of sobriety. I know that sounds backwards, but what can happen (it doesn’t always) is that when I’m completely sober I do feel physically awesome, but sometimes depending on what is going on in my life my overall anxiety over every little thing will raise and I won’t be able to sleep during the night. If this continues for 3 or 4 nights in a row I will start to get hallucinations and have needed to be hospitalized in the past. (Luckily I’m never an angry person so although serious I never hurt anyone or anything) So yes, I have actually used alcohol as a sort of tool to calm my brain down and take everything down a few notches so I can at least get a sense of relaxation. I am on a sober streak starting again and I really don’t want to go back to alcohol because it destroys my body so very badly and it’s very easy to just abuse in general. I really don’t care for the antipsychotic drugs they give you in the hospital because they make me fog out so darn bad and then it becomes difficult to perform my music and mathematics. Anyways, sorry to vent to whoever reads this, but it is a concern of mine that I feel few people have and I’m not sure what to do. It’s just crazy I’ve been admitted only during times of sobriety. Hope you all are having a great day.

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing @Euclid1985

One psychward patient to another…working with a psychiartist on my depression and anxiety to fine tune my meds has been beneficial and its not like in the psych ward when you only have a few days to try meds. I would encourage you to reach out to a professional and be proactive with your mental health instead of reactive. What do you have to lose?

2 Likes