Sorry, hitting reset in 5...4...3...2....1

Ughh it’s threads like these that make me realise why I am less and less inclined to come to the TS part of this app. Why does there need to be so much judgement? Why do some people take other peoples actions as a direct attack on their own beliefs. I’m far from perfect, but some things i’ll never understand.

3 Likes

Stick around. There are many of us. Take what you need and leave the rest.

9 Likes

@Dutchbelgian Glad you’re sober now Kevin. That’s all that matters. One day at a time and just for today we do not drink. Really. I do my own counting let’s do the rest do theirs. Been through this discussion on my old quit smoking forum (nearly at 5 years quit now) a hundred times. To each their own. Each on their own road.
@Fridaynoon All in all this is a great app IMO. And a great group of supportive people. But still a bunch of addicts huddled together. There’s bound to be opinions and threads that we don’t like. This is only one discussion amongst 100’s of supportive ones. Take what yours and leave the rest. Again your life, nobody’s else.

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone should be making opinion about one sip or a tiny bit substance. If a person is truly committed to beating their addiction and being authentic with themselves they will know the answer and their own personal truth. but I do think that most of us can agree that if your addiction is so deep one sip or drop of anything opens a door wide open. Flirting with the idea of using and you truly want to quit, just don’t do it and there’s not a problem. But I don’t think that we should argue over someone’s personal decision. best just to be optimistic and share our own experience instead of making a judgment.

4 Likes

Well, there are so many different people on here, with our own unique life experiences and sobriety and recovery paths. What works for one, may not for another and we each have our own opinions on sobriety and recovery. So…we will get to hear varying opinions…some may seem too harsh to us or too rainbows and glitter…some may feel just right. What works and feels ‘right’ to one of us, may not to the next.

I think it is helpful to have a variety of resources and ideas and suggestions to choose from and to decide for ourselves what works for our sober journey. While it may seem judgy, I think most people come from a place of caring. :heart:

13 Likes

Very well put sassy rocks!!! You’re amazing!

3 Likes

I also think the “harsh” comments come from a place of deep care, and the “fluff” comments come from a place of supportive patience.

Both are good. Nobody wants anybody in pain here. I appreciate both. They’ve helped me a lot.

12 Likes

Mmmm?
Do you have something to say?
Is there guilt related to the above subject.
I’m not judging you or getting at you.
Some one day that the way you are reacting to this subject means you’re fighting your own battles.
Personally, I don’t do wishy washy. The truth hurts as they say.
Remember, I’m not having a go.

3 Likes

Awwww, when you wake up start fresh… Know the self guilt you have for not being strong and giving up the fight… When you where sooo far!!!
Your mind will whoop your butt!!! The Brain is the biggest muscle in your body!!! Be a warrior
You’re not tired of the same old you??? Be a leader!! Stand Alone!!! Bosses do…
Dust your self off and get back to your goals

2 Likes