Sos ): need some coping skills

27 days sober today and I hate it.
I’m struggling so bad today and just want to give up
No amount of distraction are helping and need some help🥲

6 Likes

Every day is a little different for me… Some days I have no trouble fighting off cravings and other days I fight tooth and nail just to make it to the next hour. Talking about it has always helped a little though. Stay strong, we can make it

2 Likes

This right here is a start, talking about it. Try new hobbies. I’m starting over myself, so I picked up a guitar. I read now, even if it’s a couple of paragraphs. My mind goes somewhere else. Not sure what your thoughts are on a higher power, but revisiting the steps can help…

2 Likes

I found that accepting the cravings instead of fighting them works better. Take it in and let it pass. We are not depriving ourselves of anything by being sober our doc was depriving us in active addiction. Reaching out is great. Welcome :pray:.

1 Like

What is it exactly that u are hating? Can u switch it up to gratitude? It helps me. I am grateful I am not hungover. Grateful I remember yesterday. Grateful for what I am doing now.

3 Likes

Grateful that I have access to so much help to get me through the hard times

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Tabs. It’s hard. The little devil on the shoulder is one sneaky motherf*cker. Don’t let that asshole gaslight you into thinking you deserve anything less than sober self-respect - and being present for yourself. (Not escaping, not running.) You have a right to exist. You have a right to feel. You have a right to be seen.

1 Like

Online meeting resources

The skills I’ve learned have been from counselling and meetings (which went together for me).

The beauty of online meetings is there is one starting just about 24 hours a day - so you’re never far from some coping skills :innocent:

Do you know any sites or something I can go on too?

1 Like

If you tap on this link, there are several options for online meetings there:

Online meeting resources

Choose one & join in! Each site has links about joining; it’s fairly everyday online stuff (Zoom, Skype, etc). If you are having trouble with any of it reply here & we’ll help you sort it out :+1:

https://www.smartrecovery.org/ Lots of tools for handling cravings and lots of online meetings.